Author Topic: what school did you go to  (Read 166465 times)

junebarran

Re: what school did you go to
« Reply #385 on: February 21, 2017, 03:13:02 PM »
i went to great barr comp in 59 to63 i was wondereing if anyone rembers me .i lived on the beeches estate in Hassop road .anyone out there get intouch guys.x

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #386 on: February 22, 2017, 02:03:22 PM »
I was at LEA VILLAGE BOYS SCHOOL from 50-55 .we used to keep pigs there and have to look after them during the school holidays .Edmund
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

willgal8

golden hillock school
« Reply #387 on: March 09, 2017, 09:59:33 AM »
I went to golden hillock school in 1975 to 1979 anyone there at that time

blews st

« Reply #388 on: March 22, 2017, 04:19:06 PM »
what school did you go to and what do you remember about it did you get the stick did you go on school trips  did you have school dinners and anything that you think the members would like to know about youre school
i went to St Chads Shadwell Stin 1947 The headmaster was Mr Richards Mr Conclin Mr Heringshaw.I once through the cane out of the window and who was walking into the school was Mr Richard he saw the cane coming from the window.He found out it was me i had bend over the desk and had the cane across my backside.But i will say it was a very good school always going to wellhead playing fields Perry Barr to play football or cricket.Used to like going to Woodcock St swimming baths.

blews st

« Reply #389 on: March 22, 2017, 05:15:42 PM »
Hi all i went to St Chads Rc school in Shadwell St The headmaster a Mr Richards other teachers Mr Herringshaw and a Mr Conlin. i had the cane a few times while there. i remember throwing the cane out of the window one morning and who was entering the school was Mr Richards he soon found out it was me who threw the cane out the window, i had thee good belts with the cane across the backside.was i sore never done it again. but i will say it was a good school.

James-Paul Orr-Easdon

« Reply #390 on: May 15, 2017, 06:12:47 PM »

I went to Bournville junior and infants in 1960's, then Primrose Hill (got expelled) then Tur.ves Green, moved to Erdington and went to Stockland Green all in the 1970's .
 I remember on the bus some girls called me to sit with them , I didn't as I was shy then, and after I was told a girl who wore tartan fancied me, she got off the bus outside the Grovesenor shopping center in Northfeild, I want to get of and chat with her but I didn't. I really wish I had, I think her name was Alison she went to Turves Green Girls school,

Plast

Re: what schoool did you go to
« Reply #391 on: May 17, 2017, 08:59:22 PM »
I went to Oakley rd sec mod yes we had the cane most days for anything by Mr Allen and killer evans

linc

« Reply #392 on: June 02, 2017, 07:30:47 AM »
went to meadowfarm primary school in about 1959,then moved to perry barr,went to The holy name in great barr,couple of nuns there,one liked the cane and the strap.dinners were semolina,prunes,cabbage,parsnips. all nasty,remember enjoying English lessons with mr Vaughan or miss caroline?got a camp bed outside one dinnertime after twirling and falling into nettles on edge of playground .got told off for doing that.moved to aldrdge then.remember janet broomhall from perry barr and margeret owen who had younger sister.i had my first two wheel bike there with solid tyres! but it had a basket on front so I loved it.very uncomfortable but never got a puncture.gotta go cos I need to have a look at my fold up bike in shed now .see if I can still ride it without falling off. :)

Carole s

« Reply #393 on: June 05, 2017, 04:50:18 PM »
I went to duddeston manor  started the first day it opened think it was 1964 long time ago

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #394 on: June 05, 2017, 06:13:04 PM »
Hi Carol

Welcome to the forum, some friends of mine were in the first intake at Duddeston Manor for their last year of school.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Mo Stephens

« Reply #395 on: June 19, 2017, 03:18:40 PM »
Hi, I went to Longmeadow Girls School in Shard End, from 1960-1964. Overall I liked it there, apart from the Maths teacher Mrs Robinson, who was a harridan, and Mrs Wade the needlework teacher. Our art teacher Miss Haddon was a beatnik type, I thought she was so bohemian. The music teacher was Miss Osbourne, who naturally was called 'frogspawn' behind her back.  Shame, the school's gone now, and houses built on the site, it wasn't an old school either, I think the playing field's still there though. The secondary school system's knocked, but I had a well rounded education, and our classes were large then, so that, in my opinion's not the problem today.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy