Author Topic: The ever changing face of our City.  (Read 470 times)

Langstraat

The ever changing face of our City.
« on: February 11, 2010, 05:26:42 PM »

I went into Brum yesterday, I hadn't intended to but got caught in the mini whirlwind blizzard as I left Meriden heading for the M42. The Motorway was at a stand still so, on one of those 'on the spur of the moment decisions' I sometimes make continued westward towards town; it wasn't a good move to head into the 'Rush hour'. The snow stopped as I got through Sheldon only to be replaced by traffic. It's been a few years since I was a regular commuter in and out of our city and the level of traffic has increased dramatically. Fortunately heading in wasn't quite as difficult for me as it was for those heading out trying to miss the expected snow. Turning into Digbeth and approaching the centre I saw the Rotunda without it's scaffolding and the protective wrapping which has incased it for so long. What a smashing transformation. It looks better now than the day it was finished. The sun broke through with one of those dying flashes it sometimes makes before night time descends and lit the new facade as if by a search light. What a beautiful sight: St. Martin's nestled between the Bull Ring Centre and Selfridge building with the Rotunda topping off the picture. It took another hour and a half before I was able to get back onto the M62 at Tamworth. I'm glad I don't have to do that daily.  [/size]
Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and try to beat you with experience.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy