Author Topic: School Photographs  (Read 46828 times)

john2000

Re: School Photographs
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2011, 01:26:57 PM »
A shot in the dark... do you think there could be some photos of Mary St school children around 1945-1950, the head was a miss Bentley, and I was in a class run by a Miss Pitt, ( she got married around that time,) she was a great teacher, every Friday afternoon, she would read a story to us, treaure of Tramaine, ( set in Cornwall), and then Dr Dolittle ( she even showed us a photo of a push me pull you,) she even took us all ( the clas) up to the lickies, and I remember there was a photo taken of the groupe, and I was hanging upside down from a tree, but then there was mrs Morgen, she was a hard woman, and I always felt sorry for her two children ( boys), but looking back, she may have been one of the best, we did'nt deare step out of line... :) ..J2
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

oldallens

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2011, 05:15:05 PM »
Many of us did not have a copy of School Photos when they were taken or maybe they have lost them since.
Lets stir some memories. Here's one to start with.

Mr Morley's class of 1948 at Bournville School.

I would be pleased to hear from anyone on the photo.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2011, 05:26:41 PM »
Hi oldallens,

Welcome to the forum, are you saying you are one of the pupils on potblacks photo? Which are you then.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

oldallens

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2011, 05:42:50 PM »
'Afternoon Phil & thanks for your super-fast reply!
I'm not in the photo I'm afraid but I've just registered with the Forum & was finding my way around the message system & must've pressed the wrong key.
My Sister & I thought we'd cornered the market when it comes to nostalgia but posts on the Forum have told us otherwise. Fascinating & so time-consuming. Our patch is Cotteridge, Bournville, Kings Norton in the 40's & 50's, Jill was born 1936, me in 1945.
I think you're the photographer: I've admired your shots in colour of the old buildings in the city centre.
Be well.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2011, 06:02:21 PM »
Hi Again

Sorry my old mate but I'm no photographer, I'm just a humble collector of nostalgic photos I just collect photos with a Birmingham connection. I like them to be pre 1970 but I'm not that too concerned if some of them are younger than that.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

potblack

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2011, 10:14:15 PM »
Hi oldallens.
I thought i'd found an old school mate for a moment but I see you are about 2 years older than myself.
After I left Bournville School. I went to Kings Norton  Grammar. There was a photo taken there in about 1952 but I never got a copy. It was a photo of all 600 plus students and staff and the photographer panned round to get them all in.
I seem to remember one boy stood at the left hand side then ran round the back to appear on the right hand side as well!
I'd love to see a copy if anyone out there has one.

Anne from Stirchley

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2011, 10:26:31 PM »
I went to Kings Norton  Grammar.

We girls at Swanshurst Grammar envied the KNG girls because their colors were maroon and ours were bottle green. Also, in the summer, the KNG girls wore a straw boater.

buscchon

Re: School Photographs-St Clements
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2011, 05:41:53 PM »
Hi all
Just read the messages and seen the photo of St Clements as I was a pupil there in 1958/9. My parents had the sweet shop on the same side down the road. If any of you remember had a chimney fire which resulted in the fire brigade turning up. Thanks for posting photo.

Jim Chong

phil48

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2012, 01:04:31 PM »
Hi phil
The 2 photos of the netball teams are ones i posted on another site and they show my sister Benita Birch plus other faces i recognise but can't remember names the teacher is Miss Beecroft the school was st clements in high park street
phil

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2012, 01:25:55 PM »
Hi Phil

Thats fine so if anybody recognises anybody then they can get in touch with you direct.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Spud

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2012, 04:46:13 PM »
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy