Author Topic: School Photographs  (Read 46818 times)

cocacolakid

Re: School Photographs
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2012, 09:10:37 PM »
A shot in the dark... do you think there could be some photos of Mary St school children around 1945-1950, the head was a miss Bentley, and I was in a class run by a Miss Pitt, ( she got married around that time,) she was a great teacher, every Friday afternoon, she would read a story to us, treaure of Tramaine, ( set in Cornwall), and then Dr Dolittle ( she even showed us a photo of a push me pull you,) she even took us all ( the clas) up to the lickies, and I remember there was a photo taken of the groupe, and I was hanging upside down from a tree, but then there was mrs Morgen, she was a hard woman, and I always felt sorry for her two children ( boys), but looking back, she may have been one of the best, we did'nt deare step out of line... :) ..J2
J 2.

I have two photos of Mary St.  Unfortunately, I don't think they are early enough for you.  1951/2 I guess. I can't tell for sure. I can't work out just how old I was when the picture of mr Austins class was taken.  Anyway the picture is there for anyone who wishes to view it,  (First Picture)     The second picture is of Mr Smiths class. This was the last  class I was in at Mary St, before leaving for senior school at Dennis Rd, age 11 yrs.
                                                                                                                                      Malc.

Every day is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

cocacolakid

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2012, 06:27:22 PM »
This is Hodge Hill infants. The photo was taken 1948/9.  You can see a boy in a clowns outfit, with a pointed hat with pompoms on it. He is standing just to the right of the post. This boy was Colin Tooley, who lived in Chipprfield Rd, Castle Bromwich, a few mins from where I lived.  This boy later became the Pop Star, Carl Wayne. He was lead singer of " The Move" etc. He was my friend at school.

Malc.

Every day is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

steveandmargaretdavies

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2012, 01:09:23 PM »
Warwick Road School - Acocks Green. 1929. My mom and her twin brother are in this photo. Mom 1st left fourth row. My Uncle 1st left 3rd row.

Mogmeister

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2012, 02:11:20 PM »
This is me aged 5 on the back row 4th from the left at Albert road school , Stechford , Birmingham .

harris22

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2013, 07:05:27 PM »
HI ALL
This is a picture of Formans Rd school Sparkhill prefects, Sept=Dec 1950
KEN

harris22

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2013, 08:00:20 PM »
HI ALL
Another old one. The 1949 team. Looks a bit like ragged a---- rovers.
Most of us made the A TEAM in 1950
KEN

Gee Gee

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2013, 09:10:27 PM »
Those old cowhide boots,no slim lightweight continental boots in them days. ;D
Same with the ball.Try to head it on a wet day and you would spend the rest of the game walking around in a daze. O0

harris22

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2013, 04:38:07 PM »
 HI ALL
This is a picture of 7 of my class mates from Formans Rd school. We first met up in 1946 and bar for the guy
top left we are still in touch with each other. He passed away a couple of years ago. We meet up once a year
and keep in touch via ,phone, e-mail, and skype. The badge in the midldle of the photo is a bit of a mystery.
It was owned by the mother of the guy who is no longer with us,But he did not know how she got it.
We did not have a school uniform, and when the badges arrived in 1950 they were only
put on the football and net ball shirts. The newer photos are from about 5 years ago,so there are a few more
wrinkles and Grey hair
KEN

harris22

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2013, 05:34:37 PM »
HI ALL
A photo of Formans Rd school gym team 1950. No obese  kide in the team
KEN

Marion

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2013, 06:49:19 PM »
I'm on the front left in this one, in the white dress.
Anyone recognise yourself?
The year is on the photo.

and I'm in the middle, dark hair, check dress, in this one - again, the year is on the photo.

john2000

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2013, 06:59:28 PM »
J 2.

I have two photos of Mary St.  Unfortunately, I don't think they are early enough for you.  1951/2 I guess. I can't tell for sure. I can't work out just how old I was when the picture of mr Austins class was taken.  Anyway the picture is there for anyone who wishes to view it,  (First Picture)     The second picture is of Mr Smiths class. This was the last  class I was in at Mary St, before leaving for senior school at Dennis Rd, age 11 yrs.
                                                                                                                                      Malc.

Thanks malc. My time at Mary St school, was from 1945+/- to 1950, then off the Hope St. I was in Miss Pitts class, and the last year before i left, she got married..but thanks anyway.. J2
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy