Author Topic: School Photographs  (Read 22956 times)

Catlover

Re: School Photographs
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2017, 04:22:28 PM »
how colour may have looked in the late 50s on a school photo

This is a very familiar picture, I attended Greet School and my older sister is actually in this photo.

Catlover

« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2017, 04:32:25 PM »
Roy One : yes that's Greet School now.
The playground is much smaller than it was in my day .... it must be hopeless for playground cricket. We used to get "6 and out" if we hit the ball over the fence. And we then shouted to passers-by to throw it back!  :)
Catlover: I spent a few years in the class that left in 1966, and other years in the class that left in 1967. I recall Dennis Fellows lived in the sweet shop on the corner of Lea Road, Alan Weatherspoon who lived on Percy Road between Evelyn and Fernley, and Steve Cox who lived further down Percy. I lived in Thornhill Road.
The names I remember from the cricket team are Townsend, Jones, Stone, Wilson, Peters, Smith, Cotterill, Perryman, Worral, Cox, Bevan.
Some of the names I know. Dennis Fellows and his siblings were friends of mine. As for Steve Cox, I knew his sister Janet. As with Townsend, Peters and Worral, I think I knew the older siblings. Wow, small world.
Do you remember the Howlings Family in Lea Road, they all attended Greet School, Also the Swindells in Percy road.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2017, 04:52:00 PM »

hi Catlover

the school photo was in black and white so I decided to add a tad of colour to try and show how colour was just coming of age in school photos most at that time was black and white  each colour you see is what I decided they may have looked like at the time    just a bit of info    roy
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

BrummieGeoff

« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2017, 05:30:36 PM »
Catlover,
Yes, I remember the older Cox and Townsend sisters too.
I don't recall the Howlings, but I think I remember 2 Swindell sisters .... one was in my class.
I now live about 5 miles away from Greet. I went for a walk around the Sparkhill/Greet area a couple of weeks ago, and enjoyed it hugely. Of course lots of things have changed, but much is still recognisable from the 60's.

Catlover

« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2017, 09:18:36 PM »
hi Catlover

the school photo was in black and white so I decided to add a tad of colour to try and show how colour was just coming of age in school photos most at that time was black and white  each colour you see is what I decided they may have looked like at the time    just a bit of info    roy

Love the touch of colour, it brings the photo to life.