Author Topic: Day Trips on Allenways chararbangs in the late 1940s & Early 1950s  (Read 7076 times)

Andy Capp

Re: Day Trips on Allenways chararbangs in the late 1940s & Early 1950s
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 12:07:22 AM »
GRAHAM I AGREE NONE OF US HAD MUCH MONEY. BUT IN THE STREET SOMEONE WOULD ORGANISE THE DAY TRIP. THEN COLLECT A BIT OF MONEY EACH WEEK OVER A YEAR TO PAY FOR IT. MOST STREETS HAD SOME ONE LIKE THIS IT GAVE FOLKS SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO. ANDY CAPP

Jacqueline

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 12:22:05 AM »
Aww thanks guys. Was not kicking off. Meant it to be funny.....YES I HAVE A DRY SENSE OF HUMOUR AT TIMES.

Will check with mother tomorrow [a bit late now] and solve which coach company was at stockland green.

One of my grans funny moments was on a coach trip. My money grabbing uncle [her son] was the driver of a day trip to a seaside location. The tight fisted so and so told his mom not to speak to him on the trip then got her to raise a collection when they neared home.

What a performance ??? I could understand it if the guy was poor but he was not. Sorry to say i never liked my only uncle.

alanvillaweaver

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2023, 07:08:57 PM »
a driver that i know well and i know this to be true was looking for work and this  coach firm said will let you know they did a few days later a trip to blackpool he went round and picket up the folk and off to blackpool they went a good day was had by all on the way back the hat went round and the driver got £12 in tips next day he was told come Friday for you pay did you get any tips he was ask yes i got 12 quid ok you done well well when he got his pay they had took the 12 quid out saying you've had 12 quid this is the rest to make it up  well a few days later they rang him to ask if he would do a trip to blackpool yes he said and he did but when he got to blackpool he rang them and said you coach is in blackpool come and get it  ill not name the firm because you'll all know it

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy