Author Topic: are the schools letting the kids down or are the kids letting the schools down  (Read 701 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
 a trip in to brum any day of the week you will see kids 100s of them hanging about i know that some schools have the odd day off but not all  if a kid goes to school and never has time off then one day the kids off. the school is on the phone now it seems to me that if a kid at school plays up and gives the school a hard time and then he or she does not go to school im sure the school think thank god for that and they can get on with the job of helping the kids that do go to school  so i ask   is it the school or is it the kid or is it mum and dad  letting the kids down   or is it a case that mum or dad can not get out of bed in the morning to get there kid off to school   

WHAT DO YOU THINK?
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

john2000

Parents fault, but there again, its the way the parents have been educated, we have all seen the way some parents handle their kids, remember the kids who lived in the tower blocks, their parents where at work all day so they had the key to the flat on a piece of string around their neck, and had to wait till the parents came home from work before having anything to eat or they had some money for fish and chips,
then theres the one parent families, they just could not handle the kids and they just went wild, and running around in gangs ( as they do today), but having said that there are one parent families that have brought up their children with good manners polite and well educated,
Some one parent families had no chose when the bread winner died, they where left alone with two or three kids,.
But then, you have the women who want children but no partner to help her, this puts a drain on the system ( they have to have accommodation, cant work because they have to look after the children, so they get subsidized ) and because she is busy she cant control and the kids run wild.... I was a one parent child, and I was a sweet, loving and caring child,.........and if you believe that you'll believe anything.... ;D
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

john2000

and Roy, I also had a nickname: "Johnny Silver sleeves",,,, ;D

roy one

• Global Moderator
john i bet you was a snotty little sod

john2000

roy one

• Global Moderator
iv just herd on the news that an mp as took her kid out of a school and put the kid in a private school is it not a case of do not as i do but do as i say it stinks to me   one rule for me and one rule for you ho yes and youll pay for it  back with the school why is it that the good kids do not get trips out of the schools all paid for like the kids that are [censored]   does it not seem that to get things you need to be an ass...hole and kids know it   what you think

spyro2000

Aaah this is something I am interested in. Im currently teaching in a secondary School in Sheffield so I see it from both sides.

I personally believe it is a mixture of parenting and the education system.  The way things are at the moment, kids can get away with too much.

For example, when a kid misbehaves in school, he/she knows that there isnt much in the way of punishment that you can throw at them. Yes you can threaten them with the odd detention and letters home, but many of the kids cotton on to the fact that if they dont go to their detention then we can not really do much else inthe way of punishment to make them turn up. Exclusion is always last resort and the kids know that they are unlikely to get punished in this was. And when kids have laid back parents then a letter home doesnt scare them anymore.
Theres no place like 127.0.0.1

roy one

• Global Moderator
spyro  well in the old days at school mid 50 to late 60s if we played up you got the stick if not you got lines if you did not do your lines you got the stick so you could not win if you went home and told your dad you've had the stick you got a slap off him for playing up now some one will say thank god them days are over but I'm not sure about it being a good thing or not it did me no harm and the school could do its job i think that the schools have lost out now kids rule and they can do and say just what they like but the losers are the kids that want to do well and the thick kids try to make the smart kids think that being smart is not smart and being thick is best
because they are thick if you get my drift