Author Topic: Five Steps to World Peace  (Read 3027 times)

John_Lerwill

Five Steps to World Peace
« on: January 13, 2007, 12:50:29 PM »
Proposition:

1. I acknowledge that some of my old beliefs about God and about Life are no longer working.

2. I acknowledge that there is something I do not understand about God and about Life, the understanding of which could change everything.

3. I am willing for new understandings of God and Life to now be brought forth, understandings that could produce a new way of life on this planet.

4. I am willing to explore and examine these new understandings and, if they align with my inner truth and knowing to enlarge my belief systems to include them.

5. I am willing to live my life as a demonstration of my highest and grandest beliefs, rather than as a denial of them.

Discuss!
We are all ONE - despite appearances!

jobee

Re: Five Steps to World Peace
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 09:39:47 AM »
Proposition:

1. I acknowledge that some of my old beliefs about God and about Life are no longer working.

2. I acknowledge that there is something I do not understand about God and about Life, the understanding of which could change everything.

3. I am willing for new understandings of God and Life to now be brought forth, understandings that could produce a new way of life on this planet.

4. I am willing to explore and examine these new understandings and, if they align with my inner truth and knowing to enlarge my belief systems to include them.

5. I am willing to live my life as a demonstration of my highest and grandest beliefs, rather than as a denial of them.

Discuss!

how about forgetting all about god and getting on with things that are right in front
of us=realism-dont you think romanticism has had a good run and 'lying' from the pulpit
has not worked-indeed -if you cant prove it--SHUT UP!!

John_Lerwill

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 03:47:56 PM »

how about forgetting all about god and getting on with things that are right in front
of us=realism-dont you think romanticism has had a good run and 'lying' from the pulpit
has not worked-indeed -if you cant prove it--SHUT UP!!

Here we go again.  ::)

Your willingness to open your mind is clearly defunct, sir.

If you were to examine the lives of Krisna, the Buddha, Jesus,etc etc you will find proof. And you can find proof in your own life by following their teachings. THAT is the point - proof can only come from experience. YOU cannot find proof because you're not willing to experience - yet. One day you will.

Ask Peter Russell (whom, clearly, you haven't bothered to read) - and a few others of his ilk.

Those are my last words to you, jobee - on anything - until you're willing to expand the dialogue.

Peace be with you.

spyro2000

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 04:09:25 PM »
I agree with Roy on this one, although I wouldnt have worded it like him  :P

You say that one can find proof, what exactly is this 'proof' you speak of?
Theres no place like 127.0.0.1

John_Lerwill

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 04:35:51 PM »
I agree with Roy on this one, although I wouldnt have worded it like him  :P

You say that one can find proof, what exactly is this 'proof' you speak of?

John, that was a response from jobee, not Roy! I'd be happy to chew the fat with Roy any day!  ;)

"Proof". The spiritual proof is not book-ish proof. In the way of the teachers I mentioned, they all teach of practical ways of living - you find "God" through how you live. The teachings are entirely experiential, not as taught from the pulpit or mimbar as a lecture to be intellectually followed, but to be put into practise. From years of such experience (and quicker in some cases), then God's Grace is given to you, and you then live your life at a higher level.

We are talking above human evolution here - through spiritual practise. On the homsosexuality thread, I referred to consciousness as the means of human evolution - that is what provides the proof.

In Islam, the 'proof' is generally obtained through practising the Sufi way. In Buddhism/Hinduism those religions contain their own methods. In Christianity, only the most devout of Christians - who follow the teachings, not the body, of Jesus - can as easily find the Way and the Proof.

Great psychologists such as Jung and Maslow concur with this line of thinking.

spyro2000

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 05:44:04 PM »
So can I find'proof' or 'God' in any religion I choose to follow? Or do I have to choose the 'correct' one?
Theres no place like 127.0.0.1

John_Lerwill

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 06:35:13 PM »
I thought I'd given the clue in my answer, Spyro.  ;)

All ways lead to the same God - how can there be more than one Creator of the Universe?

Whichever way you choose should be in accord with your best feelings.

There are other paths I've not mentioned, of course, but are just as valid.

John_Lerwill

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 05:10:01 PM »
i've made a proposition of 5 steps that - if followed - could create world peace.

That no reponses have actually been forthcoming on that proposition does not prove no-one is interested in world peace - but are you sufficiently interested? Does it not concern you what world we are leaving for our children?

If not the steps I've proposed, what other steps would you want to see taken? Can we really leave it to world leaders to sort it all out?

Graham

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 08:51:41 PM »
J_L, what you are asking in all 5 questions is "show me the way", well if I could I would, but I am only human and can't. I don't believe that 'anyone' made the universe and I don't believe in any religion that I have met to date. You keep quoting a lot of wise men from the past, and I don't doubt their messages or wisdom, but we could do with some more modern teachings. I know that most of those wise men are a hard act to follow and we get too much information from all angles these days, but someone, someday, may find a way of using this communications paradise to spread the word and enlighten.

I think that we are our own god, so there are millions of them, what we do and say we are in the first place responsible to ourselves, our families, our community ETC. Two things are certain, life and death not only ours but our world too, so make the most of it you only get one shot. I do believe there is something or someone to guide us (I have seen it with my own eyes) but our actions are still ours. We either listen to it or don't that's our freedom, a freedom that not even the deepest dungeon can take away.

As for peace, it is hard to find two people that agree let alone two cultures or two nations. Even for one country to pick a leader it's nearly always 50/50. The best thing we can do, I have to repeat, is start on our own doorstep, be more friendly and tolerant. This "free hugs" thing is spreading (thank god!) now they are dishing them out in the main station of Ghent with a bag of sweets on top of that!

The Scott's have seen the writing on the wall in England and want out, good luck to them I say, but that's a point for another discussion.

John_Lerwill

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 10:36:42 PM »
J_L, what you are asking in all 5 questions is "show me the way", well if I could I would, but I am only human and can't.

No, Graham, I wasn't asking that!  :) It is a list of proposed questions for each one to ask of himself - not for me (I've already answered them for myself)!

I don't believe that 'anyone' made the universe and I don't believe in any religion that I have met to date. You keep quoting a lot of wise men from the past, and I don't doubt their messages or wisdom, but we could do with some more modern teachings. I know that most of those wise men are a hard act to follow and we get too much information from all angles these days, but someone, someday, may find a way of using this communications paradise to spread the word and enlighten.

Well, the thing is, Graham, that there have been plenty of wise men around ever since man was created - even now and in the last couple of hundreds of years. If you want me to give you a list, it would be quite long. They were all masters, but not as great names as those I previously quoted. But these recent day masters are the proof of the former teachings. And, guess what, they say essentially the same message that was give before, thousands of years ago.

You see, there's no need for a different message (except to dress it up for modern conditions) as man's problem is still the same as it always has been, even with our massive worldly knowledge and computers.

Today, there is another great teacher living. And he is already known to millions.

The problem is that it's as Jesus said, "unless you turn around and be as a child, you will not know the kingdom of God". (Or words to that effect). And neither will you know the teacher until you (everyone) turnaround as stated.

I think that we are our own god, so there are millions of them, what we do and say we are in the first place responsible to ourselves, our families, our community ETC. Two things are certain, life and death not only ours but our world too, so make the most of it you only get one shot. I do believe there is something or someone to guide us (I have seen it with my own eyes) but our actions are still ours. We either listen to it or don't that's our freedom, a freedom that not even the deepest dungeon can take away.

I'd say little different from that, except we're not given just one shot!

As for peace, it is hard to find two people that agree let alone two cultures or two nations. Even for one country to pick a leader it's nearly always 50/50. The best thing we can do, I have to repeat, is start on our own doorstep, be more friendly and tolerant. This "free hugs" thing is spreading (thank god!) now they are dishing them out in the main station of Ghent with a bag of sweets on top of that!

Think about it. If everyone looked hard at the five questions I've postulated and did something about it, wouldn't we have peace? Perhaps the answer is to spread those five questions around to see what happens. AND some hugs to go with 'em!!  :)

Graham

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 11:05:53 PM »
No, Graham, I wasn't asking that!  :) It is a list of proposed questions for each one to ask of himself - not for me (I've already answered them for myself)!

J_L, My answer was not directed at one person (you), just as your list of proposed questions was not directed at one person (me), but to everyone that is still looking. This isn't just about us or you .

There maybe new leaders in our time, but I'm saying that they will have to come up with something new to get their message over and I've seen nothing new yet.

Once again before we can start on your 5 proposals we, all, have to start at the bottom of the ladder. No pyramid can stand without a foundation, you're proposing to start at the top-end or half way up. That will surly crumble like todays society is doing.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy