Author Topic: Five Steps to World Peace  (Read 3031 times)

John_Lerwill

Re: Five Steps to World Peace
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 05:36:03 AM »
No, Graham, I wasn't asking that!  :) It is a list of proposed questions for each one to ask of himself - not for me (I've already answered them for myself)!

J_L, My answer was not directed at one person (you), just as your list of proposed questions was not directed at one person (me), but to everyone that is still looking. This isn't just about us or you .

OK, but I'm therefore confused as to why you said...

J_L, what you are asking in all 5 questions is "show me the way", well if I could I would, but I am only human and can't.

The questions are put to beings to answer for themselves because they're human. Is it that you feel you can't answer them because you don't have the God-faith anyway.  ???

There maybe new leaders in our time, but I'm saying that they will have to come up with something new to get their message over and I've seen nothing new yet.

There's so much going on - and has been going on for a long time!

I suppose it depends on what kind of message is sought.

I'll posite http://www.humanitysteam.com/index.htm at you for starters, but that is by no means the only example.

Once again before we can start on your 5 proposals we, all, have to start at the bottom of the ladder. No pyramid can stand without a foundation, you're proposing to start at the top-end or half way up. That will surly crumble like todays society is doing.

Ah, yes. By "half way up", you're referring to the issue that the questions assume belief to start with (?).

But, note, the questions refer to "Life" and "inner truth" - and surely everyone has some kind of "belief system". Surely if the questions were looked at purely from the basis of those angles (just leave out the word "God" for a moment), they would be answerable? And are starting at the foundation.
We are all ONE - despite appearances!

Graham

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 09:12:54 AM »
Is it that you feel you can't answer them because you don't have the God-faith anyway.  ???

J_L, I thought that I had made it quite clear that I don't believe in this 'one' God. Once again "we are our own God", so it's no use posting that "humanity" link to me as it is based on the belief of God. A blind man can see that I can't answer you 5 propositions, can't even consider them, if I don't believe in your God.

I am sorry if you get confused but I can't profess to be a literary ace, and I make mistakes, the way humans do. I'm sure that many people on this BF get confused with your postings when you fly off into a use of words that most don't understand. I prefere to try and use simple terms so that all can, more or less, understand what I'm talking about. This leads to being imprecise and will always leave gaps that you can pick nits with. As I have already stated my command of English is limited as I am more Flemish than English. When your Flemish is as good as my English you might just start to understand what I am trying to say. I thank God (my God) every day that I have quite a good command of English as there are many points of view, and great literary works, in this world that I 'can' comprehend without losing some of there meaning in the (bad) translation. Having said that I am sure that there are many great works in other languages that we shall never get to grips with.

John_Lerwill

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 09:31:53 AM »
Graham, if there are any terms that I think might not be understood, I frequently take steps to clarify what they mean. I've learnt that you cannot use terms that are not the correct ones. I'm very sorry if I create any misunderstandings but I have to use terms that ARE simple and mean what they say, rather than using language that can totally misdirect. Language is a very imprecise tool at the best of times.

By you saying "we are our own God" is so close to the truth but misses that one critical factor that completes the circle. Does it not occur to all that we are microcosms of the macrocosm? (I think that phrase is understandable?).

I did suggest that you might try to answer the five questions leaving aside the word "God", but I see that you have chosen not to do so. C'est la vie!  :)

Graham

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 09:50:32 AM »
I did suggest that you might try to answer the five questions leaving aside the word "God", but I see that you have chosen not to do so. C'est la vie!  :)

Why do you persist in putting the word 'God' into everything and then ask us to leave it out?

As for understanding "microcosms of the marcrocosm", I must say it is Chinese to me, even though I 'think' I know what it means. Compleating the circle, wouldn't that mean we then know the meaning of life? If we knew that we might get bored to death!

Graham

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007, 09:59:30 AM »
J_L, have to go now as my French teacher is waiting for me and she is too nice to miss! À bientôt  ;D.

John_Lerwill

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 10:27:48 AM »

Why do you persist in putting the word 'God' into everything and then ask us to leave it out?

Perhaps I can do a deal with you?  :) Answer the questions first in the manner suggested and then I'll tell you the answer to that one (or maybe you can figure it out for yourself!).

As for understanding "microcosms of the marcrocosm", I must say it is Chinese to me, even though I 'think' I know what it means. Compleating the circle, wouldn't that mean we then know the meaning of life? If we knew that we might get bored to death!

We each, as the microcosm and in respect of our souls, are intrinsic (i.e. meaning fully-working) parts of the macrocosm - which is the God-Creator I keep referring to. That should suggest 2-way communication.

By "completing the circle", I meant the solution to that particular issue/problem, not the whole question about life's meaning.

OK, go and see your French teacher! I dunno - some people's priorities!  ::)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy