Author Topic: Metal Detecting - Can you Possibly Help Please?  (Read 7451 times)

frederick

Re: Metal Detecting - Can you Possibly Help Please?
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 11:45:45 AM »
We were walking across Freshwater West beach on Sunday and there on the sand was a two pound coin and a fifty pee coin  O0  we were in Egypt in December on the beach sun bathing and £68 came blowing along in the form of a $100 note, guess whot straight in the pocket  :)   O0
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

denise

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 01:06:26 PM »
What about the staffordshire hoard.What a red letter day for the person who found it and the land owner.Also a red letter day for the nation.It was found in Wall ,staffs.

This metal detecting has a lot going for it. ;D

Duffy

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2010, 04:55:30 PM »
We were walking across Freshwater West beach on Sunday and there on the sand was a two pound coin and a fifty pee coin  O0  we were in Egypt in December on the beach sun bathing and £68 came blowing along in the form of a $100 note, guess whot straight in the pocket  :)   O0

You jammy devil Frederick!!! :D

What about the staffordshire hoard.What a red letter day for the person who found it and the land owner.Also a red letter day for the nation.It was found in Wall ,staffs.

This metal detecting has a lot going for it. ;D

I've been into Brum this morning to get a look at the few bits of the hoard that are still there currently.....  It doesn't look much in the cases, but when you consider the whole kit-kaboozle and what it's worth..... well.......

My detecting partner was speaking to someone who apparently does this detecting lark full time..... He said he made 8 grand last year, with a payout for a haul (found in another country) pending.  Not bad, eh!!!! :o :o

Regards to all,

Nick

denise

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2010, 10:27:04 AM »
There is going to be a programme on Chanel 4 soon about the finding of the hoard.I believe it has already been on National Geographic but I can't get that.

Duffy

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2010, 03:53:19 PM »
There is going to be a programme on Chanel 4 soon about the finding of the hoard.I believe it has already been on National Geographic but I can't get that.

Well worth watching if you can catch it Denise!!! ;) ;)

Regards,

Nick

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy