Author Topic: balsall heath adventure playground  (Read 14553 times)

lolly

Re: balsall heath adventure playground
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2012, 01:49:58 PM »
Hi wayne
im sure we must have been to the same playground, it just arrived one day in the summer holidays but it was on balsall heath rd , if my memory is correct well about there anyway.
we had pretend money and cowboy hats and i am sure little camp fires it was brilliant for us kids .
i lived in wenman st , not sure how old i was when it came about 9ish i suppose, i always remember it because it was so unexpected.

wayne_uk

« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2012, 04:17:58 PM »
Hi wayne
im sure we must have been to the same playground, it just arrived one day in the summer holidays but it was on balsall heath rd , if my memory is correct well about there anyway.
we had pretend money and cowboy hats and i am sure little camp fires it was brilliant for us kids .
i lived in wenman st , not sure how old i was when it came about 9ish i suppose, i always remember it because it was so unexpected.

Hi Lolly
yes it was a suprise, i'm glad someone else remembers it, the guys looking after it really made it an experience, i was and still am not 100% sure where it was, i just remember having a really good time

nooneynoo

« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2012, 06:11:46 PM »
Hi wayne
I remember going there in the early 70s as you said it was all cowboys and and indians stuff I think they had a jail if you were naughty or that was the threat anyway, and as I remember you could change your money for theirs. It was beside the railway line which you had to climb the embankment to reach. It must have been fairly famous at the time cos our mother brought us all the way from smallheath to it. I remember looking for the place in the 80s but couldnt find it even though I have a rough idea where it was. 

Bari

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2012, 12:46:58 PM »
Thanks Phil
i'm sure that i'm not imagining it, but as you say not everyone would know about it, we will just wait and see.
it was only a one off, I wait with bated breath

Phil, just come across this post and Wayne is bang on with his memory, there were also rock bands touring the heath on flat bed trucks playing music. Calthorpe Park hosted a big music festival at the same time. I had started courting the future Mr Aziz at the time and I think it was around 67/68. But it was all part of a Balsall Heath Festival.
I think therefore I am

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy