Author Topic: Night Out Theatre Restaurant.  (Read 44069 times)

RickSolly

Re: Night Out Theatre Restaurant.
« Reply #110 on: October 02, 2018, 05:58:14 PM »
Hello Tony,

I stumbled across this forum today and have had a happy hour or so reading all the posts and reminiscing.  So many names I remember.

I still live in Sutton Coldfield and have recently retired from full time employment.  After years working for a hotel software company, after I was made redundant, I spent the last nine years working as ICT Manager in a secondary school. Things have gone full circle as I now work two days a week at the Feathers in Lichfield on the sound desk. Really enjoying mixing sound again. Mind you I have worked for years as the Sound Engineer for the Walsall Jazz Orchestra which us how I got to know Mike at the Feathers.

Penny (was Taylor who worked with Peggy and Olive in the Box Office) and I have been married for 34 years now. We started going out on Pen's 18th Birthday when she staggered into the Control Room with two pints for us.  We have two grown up children, Nick who is 30 next year and Victoria who is 27 in a couple of weeks. How time flies.

If you are in Lichfield on a Friday or Saturday evening come and find me at the Feathers.

Rick Solly

TonyJover

« Reply #111 on: October 03, 2018, 09:28:02 AM »
Great to hear from you Ricky  :)

Patti & I will check out yer pub in the not too distant future.

Cheers,
Tony

Peg Monkey

« Reply #112 on: October 03, 2018, 03:07:27 PM »
I saw Paul Daniels at The Night Out many years ago, then he was a supporting act to the guy who present 3-2-1 (forget his name) Paul was great you could see him going places - had a nice car, Citroen-Masseratti (so my car expert mate told me).
Peg.
It's far better to look back on a rejection rather than a lost opportunity.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #113 on: October 03, 2018, 03:44:16 PM »

its a good job the owner of this forum has got deep pockets to pay for the space the cartoons take up
 I bet he never went to the night out
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

TonyJover

« Reply #114 on: October 03, 2018, 04:18:22 PM »
... he was a supporting act to the guy who present 3-2-1 (forget his name)
Ted Rogers.

When Paul Daniels returned, this time as Top of The Bill, Paul Lillicrap couldn’t understand why his fee had gone from £600 to £6000. 

mikejee

« Reply #115 on: October 03, 2018, 10:25:11 PM »
its a good job the owner of this forum has got deep pockets to pay for the space the cartoons take up
Yet it is often difficult to post good copies of photographs which are actually on the subject of Birmingham because of size resrictions

Peg Monkey

« Reply #116 on: October 03, 2018, 11:18:53 PM »

Hi Roy, the image is within limits specified by the forum for an attachment and it is a fact I saw Paul Daniels as detailed. As far as the forum having deep pockets - the stock-in-trade for all social media in general is hits - that's what advertisers are interested in and post enhancement can increase the potential appeal to thread viewers (members and non-members) which can only be a good thing. As far as I am aware the forum does not differentiate between one attachment and another so your comments about deep pockets would apply to any any attachment an individual would choose to upload be it a photo, table, drawing etc. these items often have historical significance and social media sites can be an invaluable source of information not just for the current generation but others that follow; by way of example if you view the Harry Lucas School Thread I have posted the only known photo in the universe of the school and produced a detailed floor plan of the school itself, these now form part of detailed information about a school now been long demolished and exists only as a memory in the minds of people assocaited with it, once these people are no longer around those memories will be lost like tears in rain (Blade Runner).
I'm not mod-bashing.
Regards,
Peg.

Peg Monkey

« Reply #117 on: October 03, 2018, 11:32:10 PM »
Ted Rogers.

When Paul Daniels returned, this time as Top of The Bill, Paul Lillicrap couldn’t understand why his fee had gone from £600 to £6000.
Hi Tony,
Thanks O0  I'm sure Ted Rogers had his fans but when I saw him that night with Paul Daniels he was crude, sarcastic and very blue, it was a night out organised by my wife's friends on the assembly line at Lucas, Gt King St so I would have gone whoever was appearing, I'm glad I did because Paul was a class act.
When I met Paul in Stratford he must have been stopped by a hundred people or more that afternoon to say hello but he was still very gracious as if I was the first to say hello - yes, a class act.
I've tried to work out the date I saw him at the Night Out - my best  guess is 1975 - does that sound about right?
Regards,
Peg. 

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #118 on: October 04, 2018, 12:20:03 AM »

peg monkey

the forum is a free forum to its member  but the admin has to pay for that forum(chris) its not free and he also has to pay for  storage space and I know for a fact that it cost money there are free forums about that you do not have to pay to use but you will find they have limited space for photos when the member use that space the forum admin has one of two things he can do first delete photos to make space or pay for more space a well-known Birmingham forum had this trouble and he had to buy space and set a limit to the size of the photos members put up this is not a free forum the admin pays the cost not its members  so we are lucky he does not pass the cost on to its members 

at this point I will call on phil the other mod on this forum to confirm what im saying is right
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

TonyJover

« Reply #119 on: October 04, 2018, 08:40:49 AM »
I've tried to work out the date I saw him at the Night Out - my best  guess is 1975 - does that sound about right?
Yup. It would have been either ‘75 or early ‘76.

Cheers,
Tony

Peg Monkey

« Reply #120 on: October 04, 2018, 10:50:14 AM »
peg monkey

the forum is a free forum to its member  but the admin has to pay for that forum(chris) its not free and he also has to pay for  storage space and I know for a fact that it cost money there are free forums about that you do not have to pay to use but you will find they have limited space for photos when the member use that space the forum admin has one of two things he can do first delete photos to make space or pay for more space a well-known Birmingham forum had this trouble and he had to buy space and set a limit to the size of the photos members put up this is not a free forum the admin pays the cost not its members  so we are lucky he does not pass the cost on to its members 

at this point I will call on phil the other mod on this forum to confirm what im saying is right

Hi Roy, understood. Fact remains images are an essential part of any successful social media site, whatever they are. This forum is unlike some othrers where post edit is permitted without restriction on time, that allows images on old posts that become out of date to be removed or replaced, that can minimise disc space requirements. The cartoons I have posted were always post related and intended to enhance the reader's viewing pleasure, which in turn can only benefit the forum in general.
I'm sure the majority of threaders on this thread are now bored of the subject and we can move on, I'll consider myself to have been given another yellow card and to quote my old school reports: must do better.
Regards,
Peg

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy