Author Topic: Night Out Theatre Restaurant.  (Read 44067 times)

mrplod

Re: Night Out Theatre Restaurant.
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2013, 01:13:27 PM »
Hi my name is carl boulter . I worked at the night down. Hi pete. out from 1981 till close down. Hi pete . My nick name was plod . God i miss those days.

mrplod

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2013, 09:44:35 PM »
My name is Carl Boulter i worked at the night out from 1981 till it closed . my nickname was plod. I worked as a wine waiter then a bar man . Hi pete .  best job iv ever had . miss it so much

Monty

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2013, 10:45:36 PM »
Group of friends went there one night to celebrate a birthday.  Famous comedian on at the time (mid 80s but can't remember his name) - one of our party had his leg in a plaster, the comedian got him on stage but everyone else in the audience thought he was part of the act!!

Dean3080

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2013, 02:47:25 AM »
It's great to see so many posts about the night out.My dad was Eddie the head doorman I have so many happy memories of that place.

TonyJover

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2013, 07:45:15 AM »
Hi Dean. I guess I must have met you. Obviously I remember your dad, Eddie Lister, and I also have fond memories of 'Slim'. Any idea if he's still around?  I heard he lost a load of weight.

Tony

Dean3080

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2013, 11:10:11 AM »
Morning Tony I spent alot of time at the night out it was great with dad been head doorman I was the only 12yr old that could get in to see Jim Davidson.And I also used to love going to the [censored] bag I missed a lot of my school days due to been at the night out having curry and getting in at 4 in the morning happy days.I haven't heard or seen anything of slim for yrs but I'll do some digging around and see what I can find out.

TonyJover

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2013, 11:37:31 AM »
Cheers Dean. Yeah, loads of memories of the [censored] Bag!

Dean3080

« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2013, 04:05:55 PM »
yeah the [censored] bag was great but i dont know why but we stopped going there and we started to go to a curry has on stoney lane it was called the Royal Alfaisal.I remember having a meal in there with dad,slim and tanky

Mikeylister

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2013, 08:39:42 PM »
My dad was Eddie lister the head doorman here has anyone got any pictures of him at work I have met slim and grandad his mates but never been night out as I wasn't even born but he use to always tell me story's about the night out thank you

Mikeylister

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2013, 08:48:11 PM »
Is that u dean?? No way when did u look up this?? I was thinking about dad earlier took me ages to find this can't believe all the people who knew dad

Tinah

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2014, 09:59:15 AM »
I worked at The Night Out for 4 years until it closed. I was a wine waitress to start with and then worked on the Lounge bar. I remember Eddie, Plod and many of the others mentioned as well as Keith Barber head of staff I think and Paul Bailey who became his assistant. If anyone has any photos I would love to see them

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy