Author Topic: Night Out Theatre Restaurant.  (Read 44066 times)

TonyJover

Re: Night Out Theatre Restaurant.
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 04:22:20 PM »
... had a place down from the Shah Bagh that was called the Bombay.
I remember it well.  And the Koh-I-Noor.  The Nataraj in Broad Street was another favourite of the cast and crew.

Tony

kipper 57

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2013, 04:12:17 PM »
Hi all - only came across this after googling Night Out as I was curious about any history as I myself worked there for a couple of years 79/80 (at a guess). I was on bars - then bar supervisor on bar 1 and/or 4. I was known then as Jan Walker age 20ish. I remember names of some mentioned too! Lynn and her mom for sure, lovely ladies! Those were the days of Caberet - now sadly lost! Still get a kick from having met and talked to some of the acts, fond memories. Oh and I did partake of the curry houses too - eating till 2 in the morning and beyond sometimes!
Jan

Mogmeister

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2013, 08:05:49 PM »
Hi
Its good to hear from you , i have messeged you , we had some good times there .

Mog.

Tottypet

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2013, 02:48:09 PM »
Hi I'm Pete Totty worked at night from day it opened till day it closed worked in cellar & on all bars had a great time and I remember you jan walker

kipper 57

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2013, 12:07:57 PM »
That sounds a bit ominous Pete  ' I remember you Jan Walker!' Lol I was a bit young, mixed up and crazy back then! Good to hear from you!
Jan

Anna

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2013, 07:21:12 PM »
Hi..I loved the night out..I was miss night out in 78 ..meeting and greeting the public and the stars...I recall Eddie and Paul. And pat....fab times.xx

susan smith

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2013, 10:21:13 AM »
Hi, I have had great fun reading through this forum, I used to work at the Night Out as a waitress my name is Susan Smith I work there untill i moved to South Africa where im still based, I was having a chat with my daughter this week about the night out and the evening Cannon and Ball were there we had a great laugh as i was telling them how Bobby Ball pretended to be a waiter, I also took my daughter to see shawodywody which in the 70s was her favourite, I recall Jackie the head waitress and Pete also a waitron I remember lots of faces but names escape me.
would love to hear from anyone
Susan Smith

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2013, 10:25:32 AM »
Hi Susan

Welcome to the forum, glad to hear you are enjoying what you see. I think you might be our first member that is now resident in South Africa.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

kipper 57

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2013, 01:56:37 PM »
Hi, I have had great fun reading through this forum, I used to work at the Night Out as a waitress my name is Susan Smith I work there untill i moved to South Africa where im still based, I was having a chat with my daughter this week about the night out and the evening Cannon and Ball were there we had a great laugh as i was telling them how Bobby Ball pretended to be a waiter, I also took my daughter to see shawodywody which in the 70s was her favourite, I recall Jackie the head waitress and Pete also a waitron I remember lots of faces but names escape me.
would love to hear from anyone
Susan Smith

Hi Susan - I guess we were there at the same time frame! I remember Canon and Ball act too! Like you - I took my son to see Showaddywaddy - he thought they were the top!
Jan - Bar staff

buscchon

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2013, 08:58:21 PM »
Hi Susan and Jan
I was a Head Waiter from the very start, so you will remember Dieter Thode and John Hawks. I like all head waiters when allocated section 1 of the theatre was allocated the task of looking after top of the bill. With Showwaddywaddy, remember the start of their act to the theme of Dambusters before they burst onto the stage. I remember Cannon & Ball, Little & Large, Ken Goodwin, Dana, Hollies, Stylistics and may more. I even had the job of looking after 4Tops & Freddie Starr. Good times and much missed when I think about it. It was hard work at times as you must remember when being a waitress, fighting for cutlery in your section and getting stuck in the small kitchen on the right side of the stage. I was rummanging in my old stuff and still have my contract of employment docs and training notes from the beginning.

buscchon

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2013, 09:14:08 PM »
Hi Susan & Jan
Forgot to put my name at the end of the last post. Its Jim Chong. You may remember me. The other head waiter was Pete Crow who I worked with.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy