Author Topic: Night Out Theatre Restaurant.  (Read 44062 times)

jerryandtom

Re: Night Out Theatre Restaurant.
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2014, 01:54:19 PM »
I can remember seeing mike and bennie winter late 70, but cant remember were it was mayby buy the sation.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2014, 03:44:36 PM »
A couple of photos of the entrance of The Night Out, one looks to be pretty near opening night and the other taken in 1979 can't be long after.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Tinah

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2014, 05:36:46 PM »
I remember Plod, Eddie, Carole the bar manager, carol  and Mary the wine waitress's, Giovanni and Paul the bar man from West Bromwich known as Amyah.

jerryandtom

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2014, 05:50:38 PM »
Thank you for photos,  remember now , is it still there, only went once ,  they both came round tables for a quick chat after the show.

TonyJover

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2014, 05:52:51 PM »
A couple of photos of the entrance of The Night Out, one looks to be pretty near opening night and the other taken in 1979 can't be long after.
Hi Phil,

I think that one with the dancers was quite possibly pre-opening because they don't appear to be the Night Out dancers!

The 2nd one, if it was 1979, was taken 4 years after it opened.

Cheers,
Tony

TonyJover

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2014, 10:37:05 AM »
I take it back about the dancers now that I've looked on a bigger screen.  The one on camera left looks like Fay, and the one on the right I think is Maxine.  Don't remember the two in the middle - they're not Lynne, Rafaella or Paddy, that's for sure.

Maxine eventually married Paul Davis, the Lead Trumpet player from the band.

Tony

Stravinsky

« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2014, 06:57:04 PM »
Thank you for photos,  remember now , is it still there, only went once ,  they both came round tables for a quick chat after the show.

It closed long ago and is now the Academy Concert Venue, in fact I was there a few weeks ago

I do remember going there long long ago to see Cliif Thorburn play Alex Higgins in a snooker match :-)

TonyJover

« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2014, 05:07:58 PM »

It closed long ago and is now the Academy Concert Venue...

And before that it was a 'Disco' and then a gay nightclub... eventually it'll make a decent superstore for Tesco...

Steve

« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2014, 06:27:58 PM »
I used to frequent the White Lion across the road from the Night Out. Often got one or two of the acts pop in for a drink. Sat chatting to unit 4+1 one evening, had a good laugh.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Cliff Dix

« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2014, 08:32:39 PM »
Just filling in from where you left off with 'Misty Morning', Tony:-
Subsequent house groups were 'Delta Dawn' (came by a copy of their LP quite recently by the way!), 'Dinsdale' and subsequently 'Saracen'. After Sue Adams the lead house singer was Alyson McGuinness and then Yvonne.
When the powers that be shed the house show in the early eighties the compere's role passed from Frank Patterson to a succession of people, some more unlikely than others... Junior Johnsen, Carol Lee (Grotbags) Scott etc.
The late Roger Rae made considerable efforts to fill the gap left by the house show, but despite extra support acts etc the old formula was the one that worked best.
Whatever became of Dave Goddard (who was Stage Director somewhere in the gap between you and I)?
All the best to you and Patti.
Cliff

TonyJover

« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2014, 10:11:43 AM »
Hi Cliff,

We're still in contact with Jeff and Julie from Delta Dawn. As far as we can remember, Moonlight with Bob & Jan Johnson were the first support band, then Delta Dawn, then Misty Morning, then we had no contact with the Night Out ;-)

Dave Goddard actually preceded me as Stage Director and we have been singularly unsuccessful at finding out what's happened to him. Our last contact was in the early 80's when he was working in Norwich if memory serves correct. He had an ex-wife in Lincoln (I visited there with him once) where he had in the past bred Afghan Hounds.

Cheers,
Tony & Patti

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy