Author Topic: b.c.f.c all things blues  (Read 50071 times)

pickard.r

Re: b.c.f.c all things blues
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2011, 08:43:32 AM »
Bluey

My thoughts exactly....The Blues always seem to make life difficult don,t they :-\ .....It,ll be difficult for me to get to both the Baggies game AND the parade but I,ll make it somehow.

Bobby

You can lead a horse to water but, a pencil must be lead.

pickard.r

« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2011, 09:32:17 AM »

Letter posted on Birmingham City Forum website

A LETTER TO MY DAD
beachblue @ 04-DEC-02 01:37 PM
Hi Dad, Just thoght I'd let you know that the Blues are in the Premier League now, that's the old 1st division but with loads more money. They are doing great 11th at the moment when everyone expected them to be rooted at the bottom of the table. It's a bit different from when you first took me down as an 8 year old with the wooden stool for me to stand on in the Kop. (stools aren't allowed now)and there's no way the gate man would let you lift me over the turnstile like they used to. That always bothered me when I saw the attendance figures as I knew I hadn't been counted along with a lot of other little un's. But it was great to see D.ick Neal, Trevor Smith, Johnny Watts, Malcolm Beard, Johnny Schofield I could fill this whole letter with names. Of course can't leave out Trevor Francis he was 5 yards faster than anyone around him or so it seems. Feel sorry for Trev because he came back as manager for 6 years but he wasn't nearly as good a manager as he was a player but he still gave it his best. I remember all the old players you used to tell me about Joe Bradford, Harry Hibbs, Cyril Trigg etc as though it were yesterday. Sorry I couldn't take you down the match so often in the end when it was my duty to take you but you were a bit dodgy on the old legs and I was so worried that you would get knocked over in the crowd. By the way it's all seater now, no standing allowed I bet you would find that hard to handle ? Well I'm telling you all this but I bet you know it all, I can just see you along with a few thousand others sitting on the top of the stands looking down on today's matches, the old ground looks pretty swish now don't it ? So sorry you never got to experience today's team in the fklesh you would be so pleased. Save me a space next to you on the roof of the stand Dad, I'll join you sooner or later, but not too soon I hope.

pickard.r

« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2011, 05:12:19 AM »
Bit of a damp squib yesterdays Parade...In fact I found it embarrassing :-[ , Got the impression most of the players didn,t want to be there.
I suppose the Baggies result along with all the arguing with the council didn,t help matters, bought us back to earth with a bump thats for certain..Still don,t worry Everton away on Wednesday (gulp :-\ )

Bobby

blueblizzard

« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2011, 09:32:42 AM »
Bobby

As i said previously they should have paraded the cup after the baggies game on saturday in front of a full stadium,,,not one of the people I went to wembley with attended yesterday (all season ticket holders) as everyone knew how it would turn out.

Bluey O0
Don't take life so seriously,,,nobody gets out alive anyway

pickard.r

« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2011, 11:07:38 AM »
I did not think there was any record of THIS :-[
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WNgImKnO2E&feature=related

What a nightmare

Bobby

blueblizzard

« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2011, 12:12:10 PM »
Hi Pickard

My dad took me to the original tie at hillsbrough but wouldnt go to maine road for the replay,,,,,listened to the game on the radio,,,,,,,,as a 10 year old at the time to say i was gutted that night would be a slight understatement :(

Cheers Bluey O0

Don't take life so seriously,,,nobody gets out alive anyway

pickard.r

« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2011, 08:07:54 AM »
This is so true
http://ronsatossa.wordpress.com/
This guy has summed the season up perfectly..

Bobby

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2011, 05:57:13 PM »
ho well we will be back next year
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

plod

« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2011, 12:19:14 AM »
speaking as a baggie boy
been there done that
keep the faith
you need bouncebackability

and remember to take the micky out of those boys from witton
they just can't cope with it

pickard.r

« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2011, 07:43:51 AM »
I've found just what our forwards have been looking for all season....

Now where's that cow? ;D

Bobby

Gee Gee

« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2011, 07:44:34 PM »
Latest bad news,Alex McLeish has announced that he is to resign.Can,t say that I'm surprised,I predicted this move some time ago.We are now sliding down a very slippery slope. >:(

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy