Author Topic: b.c.f.c all things blues  (Read 50028 times)

BlueMax

Re: b.c.f.c all things blues
« Reply #154 on: January 25, 2012, 09:51:38 PM »
Beausejour gone then.
Shame; I liked him although he's a bit lardy and not very brave.
Bungle, Zippy, George and Jeffrey.

blueblizzard

« Reply #155 on: January 26, 2012, 12:10:21 AM »
Beausejour gone then.
Shame; I liked him although he's a bit lardy and not very brave.

Always seemed to carry too much timber,, also seemed to drift out of games for long periods,,won't be a massive loss.
Don't take life so seriously,,,nobody gets out alive anyway

blueblizzard

« Reply #156 on: February 03, 2012, 11:25:27 PM »
A nice little win against Southampton tomorrow evening will stretch our unbeaten home record to 14 games,,and will keep the pressure on the teams above us. Southampton had a great start to the season but we are on a roll just now and hopefully will be too much for them on our own turf O0

BlueMax

« Reply #157 on: February 05, 2012, 08:04:33 AM »
What a silly game that was! My feet were like blocks of ice. Plus I dropped off my mates in Kingshurst and Castle Brom which took yonks and then, after I'd bragged about how great my driving was, I managed to slide my car into the back of some poor lads (minimal damage to him, none to me), then, when I got home someone had ran their Jag into the back of the Mrs' car too!
Picture is Bordesley Green Rd, Ronald Rd on the right.

bluesbabe

« Reply #158 on: February 08, 2012, 02:15:54 AM »
not long got back from brum its bloody freezing temp went to  -7 then by the time we hit boston it was  -3. the first half of the game was slow but second half was a lot better nathea redmonds goal in the 85th min was a cracker , so it made up for me being cold , K.R.O.
music is my escape ,it silences the world and my worries.

bluesbabe

« Reply #159 on: February 08, 2012, 02:19:44 AM »
 :) and we are now 3rd from top in the table woop woop  :)
music is my escape ,it silences the world and my worries.

BlueMax

« Reply #160 on: February 08, 2012, 05:56:53 PM »
It's been a great season! Great goal from Redmond; I thought Blues would never break them down.
I'm sure I saw a young gal standing in the Tilton End wearing a blues scarf around her neck and a claret and blue bobble-hat on!

blueblizzard

« Reply #161 on: February 08, 2012, 08:27:45 PM »
Stunning strike from Redmond and well deserved given the way he hassled the portsmouth defence after coming on. Personally I would have taken King off earlier but I'm sure there were reasons why Chris didn't,,,,,,Could do with a couple of decent loan signings to replace the two that have left O0 ,,,,,,,,,,,,bluesbabe,,,, thats one hell of a round trip, fair play to you O0 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,KRO

Spud

« Reply #162 on: February 10, 2012, 04:30:06 PM »
The patience and loyalty of Blues Supporters never ceases to amaze.Its been a few years since I visited St Andrews on a regular basis but I still follow them and would love to see some real success for those Blues Fans
I reckon it was around 1945 when I saw my first Blues game. I think it was against Swansea I spent almost the entire game on Dad's shoulders on the Old Spion Kop.Dad followed The Rags for more than 62 years and me a mere 42.Unfortunately my Dad lost his sight so we had to call it a day.I would give a commentary to him when his sight began to fail.I remember one particular game when we played Coventry . For some reason The Sky Blues turned out in an awful Brown Kit as I described their kit he just would not believe that Cov were in Brown that was my Dad.
Dad was once nominated as Blues most loyal supporter and had an article written about him in the Match Day Programme.The last time he bought a Programme was May 1956 and any Blues supporter will remember that day at Wembley but back to article about Dad.Knowing that the article was due to be published I made sure that we had a programme and after reading it I passed over to Dad and sat and watched as he read the article. His face was a picture.
We followed Blues up hill and down dale but to get him to go to Villa Park was always a promblem.I wonder why ? Some games stick in your mind  more than others.The '56 Final even though we lost is one such game.Seeing them troop off the field after losing 3-1 to Man City seeing Eddy Brown look up at the Blues Supporters and shrug his shoulders as an apology for their disappointing performance.This only  4/5 weeks after routing Sunderland at Hillsborough by a similar score.This is where our theme song was introduced seeing the Crinoline Lady and Kipper the Minstrel the Blues  Mascots hanging over the stand and conducting the crowd.I am fairly certain that the song was sung on the Team Coach on the way to Hillsborough and Blues' little Scottish Winger Alex Govan started it all off.
The season before we had won the old Second Division Championship rounding off a wonderful season with a 5-1 win at Doncaster,A long the way we had put 9 past Liverpool on  a quagmire of a St Andrews pitch. Port Vale suffered as well when Blues went 7 up.
Some years later in the late  it must have been in the late 60s when we had the great TF and Big Bob we gained promotion again.We left late once again with a win away at Leyton.Millwall were also in the running for promotion and their supporters had quite a reputation in those days. Queues had already circled the compact Orient Ground by 4pm although the KO was not until 7:30.The Battle lines were drawn with Blues and Millwall supporters outnumbering the Orient Fans.To say it was a rough house was an understatment.I remember chair legs coming over the terraces.Big Bob did the job with a far post header.As the final whistle called an end to the hostilities the small retaining wall in front of where we stood collapsed like a pack of cards giving us  no alteranative than to spill on to the pitch.This was the days of the IRA bombings and when some bright spark decided to lob a firework into one of those big Refuse Bins the explosion must have scared the pants off most of the crowd.The journey home through South London was unforgettable . Every Pub packed with Blues Supporters . Keep Right On rang out over those cockney heartlands.
I could go on like the time we broke down on the M6 on the way to Preston .Breaking down just outside of Coventry after a fruitless journey to the Den.Halifax away in the Cup where we stood on a mound of earth no such luxury as terracing up there.When we beat Chelsea Peter Osgood and all 1-0 at ST Andrews and the entire ground erupted into the loudest rendition of  Dehlila on record.
One last memory which goes back to the late 40s or early 50s anyway it does not matter. I was at Junior school and Blues were playing Derby County in a Semi Final replay at Maine Rd. The Headmaster asked if anyone would be interested listening to the second half on the Radio sorry Wireless .Interested ? Is the Pope a Catholic ? Old fool.So there we sat on floor in in 'The Big Hall'.Ted Duckhouse broke his leg that day after a  tackle by the Derby Player Peter Docherty and yes we lost.
Back to 2012 still in the Cup. Chris Hughton is doing a fantastic job so all of you Blues Noses out there give em a cheer from me.
Keep Right On To the End of...........

The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

blueblizzard

« Reply #163 on: February 10, 2012, 08:48:11 PM »
Hi Spud

Great post O0 ,,sounds like you and your Dad had a great time following the Blues all round the country,,some nice memories there. The story of how our anthem came about is exactly the same as others have told me, and you named the player O0

I was too young to go to the Leyton Orient promotion game(1972 I think) but my Dad went with his mates and told me all about the antics that went on that night,,,,,,,,,,KRO

BlueMax

« Reply #164 on: February 11, 2012, 09:59:38 AM »
My dad hated football! :-[
He just didn't get it.
The only time he mentioned the Blues was when they lost and he'd say 'How's our team got on then?'. >:(
He couldn't see that football was like currency in the schoolyard.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy