Author Topic: b.c.f.c all things blues  (Read 50070 times)

pickard.r

Re: b.c.f.c all things blues
« Reply #176 on: March 17, 2013, 12:32:49 PM »
The way I see It is the continual delaying tactics employed by Yeung & his legal team will mean that any sale of the club will be impossible until we are well into NEXT season >:( ....Remember that over the summer nearly 20 players are out of contract & any of the remaining ones of any worth will be sold off..... :(  (according to a Blues forum 2 players were sold in January and their moves will be completed at the end of this season)

So In answer to your question Bluey I think we are well and truly "up t'creek without a paddle" Any potential buyer would have to invest heavily and some of the names and consortiums I've heard of being interested in us just ain't got the necessary Millions that we would need.....I hope I will be proved wrong..

Bobby.
You can lead a horse to water but, a pencil must be lead.

blueblizzard

« Reply #177 on: March 17, 2013, 08:27:22 PM »
Totally agree Bobby,, nobody of any real substance has entered the fray to buy us yet but that can change quickly in football.
              We will lose a few players in the summer if things remain as they are,,,,obviously we sold Butland to Stoke in january and loaned him straight back but he will be gone once this season finishes,, and as you say contracts are ending that wont be renewed,,,,,we could do with a rich bored sheik to come calling  8)

Bluey
Don't take life so seriously,,,nobody gets out alive anyway

pickard.r

« Reply #178 on: July 29, 2013, 05:46:57 PM »
Just heard that Christian "Chucho" Benitez has died at the age of 27.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeecrRByWGs&feature=share

RIP Chucho & Thanks for the memories

Bobby

You can lead a horse to water but, a pencil must be lead.

blueblizzard

« Reply #179 on: March 01, 2014, 10:26:24 AM »
            As the shops are awash with Easter eggs I thought I'd try to resurrect this thread,,,,,The everlasting trial of Carson Yeung looks like finally concluding on Monday,,,,is he going to prison or has his legal team bored everyone into submission.

If he does manage to walk away a free man what are the implications for the Blues? will he invest in our club now his hands are not tied or will he simply walk away from the mess he created and sell up,,,,,,,,,any thoughts bluenoses.

Bluey 

blueblizzard

« Reply #180 on: April 17, 2014, 10:35:22 PM »
Now it seems we have a few interested parties looking to buy the Blues,,,it would be great if at least one of the potential buyers turn out to be serious investors with a long term plan.

townie

« Reply #181 on: April 18, 2014, 01:12:37 AM »
Whoever buys it, are they going to invest. Will they be a passionate blues fan. The club needs millions pouring in. Nobody pours millions into a venture without a return. Its a shame but its all about money now, not compassion.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

jamesm

« Reply #182 on: April 18, 2014, 07:20:42 PM »
A totally random post but yesterday I bought a copy of a Gil Merrick biography by someone called Keith Dixon. I seem to remember that in the 1950s he lived in Gilbertstone Avenue, Yardley (Gil Merrr=ick that is).

Spud

« Reply #183 on: April 19, 2014, 10:50:30 AM »
I remember buying Gil's Autobiography when I was a kid. He was one of my heroes. Terrible the way he seemed to be blamed when Hungary beat England all those years ago. I seem to remember he was Sports master at Greenmore College around 1957 . I remember seeing him on the Bus with a group of school kids he seemed quite embarrassed to think I had recognised him. Some years later I attended a charity Boxing Match at Solihull Civic Hall Gil was one of the Guests. The Emcee played golf with Gill  and said every time someone  on the Golf Course shout 'Fore ' he was reminded about the Hungary game and dived to save.
Two memories about Gentleman Gil will always stick in my mind. The first was a game played on Christmas morning many years ago. In the last couple of minutes of the game Gil was knocked out cold right on the penalty spot a young Blues centre half Trevor Smith stood over him until the final whistle. I sure that every football fan will remember another gentleman from those old days John Charles of Leeds. Whenever Leeds played Blues Charles before an after the game he and Gil would shake hands a mark of genuine respect from two of Footballs real gentlemen.
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

townie

« Reply #184 on: April 20, 2014, 12:22:33 AM »
Whoever buys the Blues has got to think. At the moment they are not in a very good position. Can we attract good players? Some of the players they have at the moment just arnt good enough. I would love to see the Blues bounce back into the premier league. But to be quite honest I cant see it happening.     

blueblizzard

« Reply #185 on: April 20, 2014, 11:36:20 AM »
Whoever buys the Blues has got to think. At the moment they are not in a very good position. Can we attract good players? Some of the players they have at the moment just arnt good enough. I would love to see the Blues bounce back into the premier league. But to be quite honest I cant see it happening.     

Not many clubs are taken over when things are going well that's the whole point you buy something in trouble at a decent price, invest and then hopefully you build the club back up and gain promotion to the premiership which is awash with money,,,,trouble is every club outside the top tier have the exact same plan.

If we are taken over by someone who can only just afford to buy us then the future won't be too bright but if buyers come in with serious money then the dream starts again,,,,,,,,I'll  be renewing my season ticket in block 11 regardless of owners or what division we are in,,,KRO,,,, O0

townie

« Reply #186 on: April 20, 2014, 06:49:38 PM »
Blueblizzard   Who do you think will be the next buyer of Birmingham City? not who you hope. Birmingham should be a great side as its the second biggest city in England. Just look at Manchester, Liverpool. What's the problem because there must be one. 

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy