Author Topic: Wyndham Racing Cycling Club  (Read 6495 times)

Ian Dalziel

Re: Wyndham Racing Cycling Club
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2021, 07:01:37 PM »
My dad was in the Wyndham Ian Robson he wasn't to bad a cyclist, he introduced me to the sport. But unfortunately he passed away 2006 from cancer even while he was ill he still rode his bike god bless him

I remember Ian very well. We were both at Coleshill Grammar School, then I took over his newspaper round and later we trained together and rode many time trials and track races together in the Wyndham RCC - he was always faster than me, a very stylish rider. I also remember your mother and they introduced me to the Midland Jazz Club.
My brother-in-law also knew him when he came back to cycling and joined the Warwick Roads CC, and was even faster when he was in his 40s.
I telephoned him in the early 2000s but unfortunately never got round to meeting up.
Let's make the best out of a bad situation.

Bikerrobbo

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2021, 09:28:14 PM »
Dad was a very classy rider all that riding on the track, when he was in the Warwicks he used to ride 2ups one rider a vet with Mat Purshouse they won every time they did a 51 for a 25 once. I learnt a lot from dad miss him loads

caballero

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2021, 10:41:47 AM »
The great Dave Watkins sadly passed away in early September 2021. He was a superb and fearless sprinter with much success

a great loss.

Ian Dalziel

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2021, 08:15:15 PM »
Sorry about Dave, my condolences. I last saw him at a Dunlop get-together approximately 7 years ago.

He was a nice guy. RIP
Let's make the best out of a bad situation.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy