Author Topic: Racial and Religious Hatred Act  (Read 2991 times)

kelama

Racial and Religious Hatred Act
« on: January 31, 2007, 11:46:46 PM »
I understand next month the above law becomes enacted in jolly old Blighty.....so no more slagging each other off,
and definitely no more blah blah on whose religion is better and remember Tony's religious gestapo will be monitoring your every thought.

jobee

Re: Racial and Religious Hatred Act
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 10:54:28 PM »
good

wmno

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 08:17:09 AM »
Apparently George Orwell's family are suing Tony Bliar for copyright infringement.  ;D
West Midlands NO! Campaign
Regional government: undemocratic, unaccountable and unwanted

Scipio

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 10:08:06 PM »
I see in today's Daily Mirror Anila Baig column while condemning Shamima Begum actions , she reminds us that  she herself is of a brown colour and  she is not accepted as a British person simply because of the Supreme Courts ruling on Begum . She argues that other criminals do not get their citizenship revoked . Funny how people requiring equality are always reminding white people of their colour .
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Gwladmab

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 05:50:42 AM »
And should a white person say ‘speaking as a white person’ they would most likely be accused of being racist.

I had always considered that race relations were fairly good in this country in the last years, things had got better, particularly when I worked in London, there was evidence of good relationships between races and genders. Then suddenly things seem to be going the wrong way.

Author Douglas Murray in his book ‘The Madness of Crowds’ Sums it up fairly well. In the book, Murray talks about all the work that’s gone on within society, the Gay, Lesbian, BAME, Trans people, I’ve probably missed a group out here and will be accused of being some sort of ‘phobic’!

In his summing-up Murray uses a train on a journey as an analogy of the work/struggles that have gone on in mainly the LGBTQ etc communities in society. This isn’t a direct quote of what Murray says but something like - And just as things have never been so good and the train is coming to a stop in the station, suddenly the train speeds up and smashes the whole things to bits!

That is just how I feel too.

Scipio

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2021, 07:10:09 PM »
And should a white person say ‘speaking as a white person’ they would most likely be accused of being racist.

I had always considered that race relations were fairly good in this country in the last years, things had got better, particularly when I worked in London, there was evidence of good relationships between races and genders. Then suddenly things seem to be going the wrong way.

Author Douglas Murray in his book ‘The Madness of Crowds’ Sums it up fairly well. In the book, Murray talks about all the work that’s gone on within society, the Gay, Lesbian, BAME, Trans people, I’ve probably missed a group out here and will be accused of being some sort of ‘phobic’!

In his summing-up Murray uses a train on a journey as an analogy of the work/struggles that have gone on in mainly the LGBTQ etc communities in society. This isn’t a direct quote of what Murray says but something like - And just as things have never been so good and the train is coming to a stop in the station, suddenly the train speeds up and smashes the whole things to bits!

That is just how I feel too.

Gwladmab I understand what you are saying , needless to say I do not need to be reminded of how some of these people hid in the shadows for years ie Quentin Crisp . I also seen it first hand in Birmingham city centre . Likewise we know about Empire Windrush in the 50's , had it been called MV Monte Rosa(original name) it wouldn't ring such bells . I also know about the rough deal the Irish had . Moreso and probably more poignant are  what  cards that were dealt to the Jews throughout history . Payment is being sorted to an extent for the Windrush people , will the world ever be able to recompense the Jews ,who in my view have more of a claim for justice than anyone . I have just wrote this off pat straight from my memory so to all those people who think that it's all been forgotten it hasn't Black, Brown, Green, Yellow , Red , I if I don't know have read about your plight I don't need to be constantly  reminded . What has happened has happened by trying to make changes now it's too late it's happened .
Mark Twain

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2021, 08:05:46 PM »
has my family would say whats done is done and can not  be undone time is a healer  but it must never happen again
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2021, 08:15:17 PM »
Wonder how you would have felt today if your father had been a TOP SS or GESTAPO person and you now know what atrocities where committed by them during the take over  of Poland.
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Scipio

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2021, 08:43:09 PM »
has my family would say whats done is done and can not  be undone time is a healer  but it must never happen again

I couldn't agree more Roy , all this stuff we have to listen to today we don't have to be reminded . Pretty it up as much as you like , giving people prime places in adverts as is happening ain't going to make it better as you say what has happened as happened it won't change .
Mark Twain

Gwladmab

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2021, 08:43:34 PM »

Gwladmab I understand what you are saying , needless to say I do not need to be reminded of how some of these people hid in the shadows for years ie Quentin Crisp . I also seen it first hand in Birmingham city centre . Likewise we know about Empire Windrush in the 50's , had it been called MV Monte Rosa(original name) it wouldn't ring such bells . I also know about the rough deal the Irish had . Moreso and probably more poignant are  what  cards that were dealt to the Jews throughout history . Payment is being sorted to an extent for the Windrush people , will the world ever be able to recompense the Jews ,who in my view have more of a claim for justice than anyone . I have just wrote this off pat straight from my memory so to all those people who think that it's all been forgotten it hasn't Black, Brown, Green, Yellow , Red , I if I don't know have read about your plight I don't need to be constantly  reminded . What has happened has happened by trying to make changes now it's too late it's happened .
Well said Scipio

SENSIBLE

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2021, 10:38:15 PM »
Yep. I'm tracing my family back in time and if I find any of my ancestors were slaves of the Vikings or the Romans I'm putting in a big compensation claim.   :uglystupid2:
Let your smile change the world, but don’t let the world change your smile

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy