Author Topic: Alum Rock Saltley  (Read 195390 times)

Phil

• Global Moderator
Re: Alum Rock Saltley
« Reply #638 on: February 14, 2018, 04:21:05 PM »
Hi lindyloo
Not sure Iím doing this correctly as never joined a forum before , but here goes !
I was just reading your post re Oldacres to my mother . Before I could mention your motherís name , she said ĎJeaní . I was amazed
She asks if Jean is still alive and does she remember a friend of my motherís , Margaret Pitkin. I believe Margaret and your Mum were good friends . My motherís name , Dorothy Rose.
Regards
Eliza

Hi Eliza

Welcome to the forum, firstly I have to tell you that Lindyloo only made 7 posts to the forum in August 2009 and hasn't posted again since then. Though there is nothing to say that she doesn't look in on the forum occasionally, so it is entirely possible that she or even someone else may pick upon your post.

Don't worry about making mistakes on the forum, we have all had to learn. One tip, when using the quote facility always make sure before you start typing that your cursor is below the last quote indicator.
Make Love Not War

Bevpsindy

« Reply #639 on: March 13, 2018, 11:41:36 PM »
I remember a west indian shop opposite the rock cinema in the 60's.I had a saturday job at the hairdresser's next door to it called The Beauty Box.i also had dance lessons at The Silver Slipper on alum rock road by The Brookhill,Jean Johnson was my dance teacher. :)

Steve

« Reply #640 on: March 14, 2018, 11:00:45 AM »
Hello Bev, Welcome.
 I recall those shops you mention. The West Indian shop, was it the one that used to hang salt mackerel on the sunblind arms?
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Underwood

« Reply #641 on: April 08, 2018, 09:03:09 AM »
Hi Pat, Tony Underwood here, still practicing hard randori, am 72 end of month.

Underwood

« Reply #642 on: April 08, 2018, 09:09:01 AM »
Hi Pat Collins, Tony Underwood here, still practicing since 1963.

Underwood

« Reply #643 on: April 09, 2018, 09:53:10 PM »
Hi Pat Collins, I went to Morris Judo club, still practicing - Not sure if you are still on here? Tony Underwood.