Author Topic: Moor End Lane School Erdington  (Read 53233 times)

grahame

Re: Moor End Lane School Erdington
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2012, 06:18:03 PM »
I remembered 2 more names from my class....Ann Parr and Dave Lamb....Anyone know them ?   Grahame

Mogmeister

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2012, 06:58:56 PM »
Hi Grahame

I know this is a long shot , but do you have a brother John.

Mog

grahame

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2012, 04:40:24 AM »
Sorry ,   I'm an only one.  Grahame

davewarr

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2012, 10:56:50 AM »
I am on that photograph back row on the RHS I am standing next to Robert Allen, the teacher was Miss Clarke later to be Mrs Glover. we had a tour around the houses of parliament in the House of Commons and House of Lords I even remember sitting in the speakers chair does anyone else remember the day out. Do you remember the cake fight at the Christmas Party, someone through a cake then it was mayhem eveyone was throwing food and Mis Clarke as she was at that time was sceaming STOP IT

davewarr

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2012, 11:29:26 AM »
[size=78%]Hi Mogmeister
[size=78%]
[/size]
[size=78%]I think you are [/size]referring[size=78%] to John and Graham Harries who used to live off the High Street It was either Newman Road or Harrison Road, it was the one which was a cul de sac. John stayed on for the 5th Year, and I left at the end of the 4th Year, I did marry one of the 4th year girls who went on to the 5th year and 43 years later we are still married[/size]
[size=78%]
[/size]
I do remember quite a lot including all the teachers names and most of the kids names,

Mogmeister

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2012, 12:56:31 PM »
Hi Dave
Yes it was John and Graham Harries i was thinking of , i ended up in 4T Mr hectors class along with Roy Simms and after all this time we are still mates and still go out drinking .Like yourself i still remember a lot of teachers names and a few kids from 4T .

Mog .

davewarr

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2012, 01:24:09 PM »
Hi Mog

a few more names for you

Robert Allen, Alan Bayliss, David Bull, Ian Gould, David  Henn, Terry Jarvis, Raymond Yendall, Laurence Price,

So who is MOG I am trying to think

regards

Dave

grahame

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2012, 02:28:10 PM »
I wonder if anyone has a photograph of the school ?   Two more names I recall....Clayton and Moore.   And a Roland but not sure if that was his surname or ?   would someome pls advise   what was built  to replace  the school  ...Oh another name just popped into the half empty cranium....Dorothy Cooper  ..Good Looker!    Regds   Grahame

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2012, 02:34:55 PM »

* Erdington Moor End School Pupils in Westminster 1962 .jpg                               (72.26 kB, 600x263 - viewed 981 times.)
Report to moderator                          Issue a warning because of this messageLoggedMake Love Not War
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Mogmeister

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2012, 03:07:13 PM »
Dave
Im Dave Morris , if it helps i was ( and still am ) just over 6' tall , knocked around with Roy , in our class we had a Jean kelly , Janice Bell , Kathy Western , Phil Barton , John Stevens ( Monkey ) to name but a few , i recognoise the name that you put up as well .

Mog

davewarr

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2012, 03:49:06 PM »
Mog

Sorry to tell you you have one wrong it was Janet Kelly she lived on the Chester Road Road by the Yenton when she finished fifth year she went to Brooklyn Tech, she went with Linda Reynolds who I have been married to for 43 years and we have 3 children and 8 great children.

Janice Bell lived on the Lyndhurst Estate I think it was Glendale Tower she done a nursing course then moved to Crewe

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy