Author Topic: Moor End Lane School Erdington  (Read 53210 times)

davewarr

Re: Moor End Lane School Erdington
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2012, 01:29:29 PM »
Does any one remember the "PLAY" Twelfth Night performed in spring 1962 this was one of Miss Fallon's pride and joys

davewarr

« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2012, 02:01:27 PM »
Taken in Spring 1960 the first year at Moor End for Me.
 Miss Clarke was my teacher later to become Mrs Glover

lyn

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2012, 11:47:37 PM »
hiya my name is linda madam name ward  i to went to moorend school back in the 50s and early 60s im of the canal boats  and went to the hostel in woodend lane  in term time so i could go to school  ,there was alot of us boat children there ,i am glad ive come across this site  ,if any one has got any pic of ether moorend school or the hostel 24 woodend hall woodend lane erdington b/ham 24 i would dearly love to see them when i attended moorend school my name was linda ward  and yes i to remember all thoese teachers it wasnt all bad lol i am also on facebook please look me up  would love to hear about the past on my old school and if its still there or not  thanks alot .linda

davewarr

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2012, 06:08:13 PM »
Lyn

I dont have pictures of Moor end as the ones I have I have posted, I do however remember some of the lads from the Hostel as they were in the boy scouts, it was the 11th Birmingham Scout Group based at the Congregational Church at the top of Station Road, Erdington. They did not attend every week, but would then attend for a few weeks, I suppose it was where there parents were. unfortunately I cannot remember their names.

debbie carver

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2012, 08:07:21 PM »
Hi there, I went to moor end lane in early seventies.  Mr Thompson, Mr Millward, Miss carter were head staff, Mr Moore was the science teacher, Mrs caldicott, Mr Roberts, Miss bytheway,Mrs roberts, Mr Williams.  In my year there was malcolm patrick, joanne dean, joyce henry, kay webber, andrew burgess (R.I.P.) Melanie Griffiths, and who can forget wayne roberts, Atila bekir.  The school was knocked down many years ago and replaced by flats, the old car takers house (Mr pick your nose, Pickering) still remains.Miss the good old days.

Malcolm Kirny

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2012, 10:25:28 PM »
My name is Malcolm Kirby & i left Moor End Lane ec 1961.I rememb,zJrer Tina Hughes,Norman Connor, Shella Tubb, JeanThomas & and many others.

Crocky

« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2012, 09:47:03 PM »
I am a little late in joining this forum. But I to went to Moor End Lane School. I left in 1965. I was in the B stream all through school  My Form teachers were Miss Millington, Mr Marchbanks, Twice 2nd & 3 rd year and forth year Mr Hector. I lived on the Lyndhurst Estate from 1959 to 1969 in the flats ( Normanton Tower) I can remember at school going to a camp at Bellbroughton for Two weeks I think this was in the spring of 1962 I have One or Two photos of my class of 1961 Miss Milington & 1962 Mr Marchbanks I also have a couple of photos of the school plays. A Midsummer Nights Dream & A Comedy of Errors.

Crocky

« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2012, 09:55:34 PM »
Hi Drewsteve

I went to Moor End Lane and well remember the trip to Belbroughton especially the first night, I got caught doing something wrong and had to write out lines which meant i missed the film.  I was the Cruel Sea, a war film.

I was also in Midsummer nights dream. Some of us were chosen for one of the morning assemblys to read some of the lines we had in the play.  I remember getting half way up the stage stairs then tripping over, the whole place laughed but as i was playing a funny part in the play i decided to add some of my own humour to the role.

I had the cane of Mr Taylor i well remember.  A group of us decided to fall over when we had to stand up to sing a hymn, 3 or 4 got the cane and i thought i had got away with it but they come and dragged me out of the classroom.

Mr Moor was a favourite of mine, he and his 2 x 4.

j hollywood

« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2012, 09:28:20 PM »
 :) hello yes i remember moorend lane school , i started there in 1950 till 1954 and also the odd teacher  bradbury miss flanigan,mr moore science teacher , mr harding .was my last year teacher , i then left and worked at george masons ,wher i was a delivery boy while at school  till just after xmas , then worked at a building contractors till i went into the army ,in 23 june 1960 till june 1962 ,had a great time , jim

kathrose

« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2012, 05:37:15 PM »
Oh I so want to reply to this thread, I love it.

I was at Moor End and left in 1964.  I lived on High Street over a shoe shop.  In the first photo on here I recognise John Day, he is on the right hand side of the photo.  I remember going to London too, we went to Heathrow and into the city.  I was in Mrs Glovers class, Felicia Primrose was her name, I wonder why I remembered it.  Who can recall Mrs Arrowsmith?  The boys in my class loved her and her V neck sweaters, they insisted she helped with their work so they could nose down her top.  I was understudy for Titania in  Midsummer Nights Dream, I think the boy who played Puck lived on the Lyndhurst, he was small and very funny, I know his name but can't get it right now.  I was in B stream, names that come to mind are Michael Turner, Brian Woodcock, Nigel Woodcock (no relation) Raymond Haynes, Shirley Day, Diane Knight, Diane Scott,   Ernie Ward, Anthony Bajkowski,  I remember the spelling as well as he did as he had to tell every teacher at the beginning of term how to spell it.  John Lunt,  Tony Chamberlain, Grahame Scattergood, Roger Scrannage to name but a fdw from my class, I wonder where they all are now.

Ahhh,, got it   Trevor Garland was Puck, I remember his saying how they "neesed and swore a merrier hour was never wasted there" Of course Miss Fallon was the force behind the Shakespear plays. 

Living on the "village" as I did I got to go into the Carlton Sunday afternoons when the Moodies would practise. 

Does anyone remember the Flapjack cafe that opened in New Street, top end next to the little gospel hall? 

flatley

« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2012, 02:13:17 PM »
 :) I went to Moor end lane from 1968 till I left in 1973 to join the Junior leaders army. I had great memories of Miss Fallon, who taught us how to write and read great grammar and books. I love Dickens because of her.She died in her nineties still living in Edwards road. She also taught my father and uncle..Mr Wager brilliant, Always use to make Geography very interesting, told us that to cry came from the stomach area...Mr Moore brilliant best lesson ever when he took us for Science. Always talked about his navy days. The cane or slipper from the woodwork teacher, Mr Abbotts and the metal work teacher, the latter was Mr Holyoak.Both great teachers. The PE teacher Mr Robinson, again slippered you but very fair brilliant teacher. He went on to Hodge Hill where he taught my two children Maths. The french teacher wore short mini skirts...didn't learn much french.
A great school where I learnt loads and made some good friends.
Who do I remember from there. Susan Stutt my first girlfriend, Dave Bailey, Paul Bonquet, Steve Walker, Roy Boyce, Stigson, Gary Francis,
 My wife Maggie Nee CALLAN went there in the 70s
Dave Flatley

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy