Author Topic: Moor End Lane School Erdington  (Read 53228 times)

jackie nokes

Re: Moor End Lane School Erdington
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2013, 02:36:19 PM »
Hi Alan,

I didn't see your post here, I must have missed it, let me belatedly welcome you to the forum and say even though it might be your first post we hope it won't be your last.

Phil

jackie nokes

« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2013, 02:46:47 PM »
I ALSO PLAYED A FAIRY IN MIDSUMMER NIGHTS DREAM
VERY FOND MEMORIES OF MR  TAYLOR HE GAVE US THE LOVE OF THEATRE AND MUSIC
 SHALL NEVER FORGET MY TIME AT MOOR END HAD SO MANY GREAT FRIENDS XXX JACKIE X

Matahari

« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2013, 10:44:26 AM »
Hello,

My mum went to Moor End Lane, in the 1930's. She left at 14, which would have been in 1940.

I am wondering if anyone might have some old photos of that time, cos my mum might be on them.

Thank you for your time O0

susanchick1957

« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2013, 11:37:48 PM »
hi margret my name is susan chick you went to school with sandra i was a couple of years behind you

susanchick1957

« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2013, 11:44:10 PM »
hi steve this is little chicky  do you remember karen hughes hazel haddon  donald pattersson,  :)

« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2014, 06:15:43 PM »
I was there 1952-1956 he staff at the time were Mr Taylor Headmaster,  Mr Moore Science Mr Simmons woodwork, Mr Bean French, Miss Tredgold music, Mr Brabury form, Mr Cooper form, Mr Wager Form, Mr Marshbanks sports, Miss Warner weaving, Miss Fallen form ( worse teacher ever). Hope this helps.

page

« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2014, 06:36:47 PM »
I left Moore End in 1970, would love to find some old friends.  My maiden name is Margaret Hunt.  My friends were Louise, Lindsay, Sandra, Gail, and I am sure some more that I cant remember.  I will find some photographs and post them.
       Hi Margaret how is your sister Sandra did not go to your school but know u and your mom + dad and sis. Dan

DoreenGrove

« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2014, 10:46:35 PM »
This is old man Moores class of 1970 or as many as I can remember. Based in the science lab on the 1st floor.
Boys
Brian Groves, Christopher Bartley, Phillip Abbott, Linval Redman, Steven Fitzsimmons, Dougie White, Neville Guest, Frank Halligan, Iggy Singh and his cousins Avtar and Narinder, Ricky Connor, Everette McMillan, John Keatley, Francis O'Callorhan, and not forgetting Robert Broadmore (RIP).
Girls
Dahlia Marshall, Mary Kissane, Heather Doody, Hillary Ellis, Margaret Hunt, Susan Dorney, and Louise Darcy. I may have these names mixed up but it was over 40 years ago.
Teachers I remember were Mr Moore (science), Mr Francis (maths), Grannie Fallon (english), Miss Tatum(art), Linda Lewis (biology), Fred Hollyoak (metalwork), Ms Holcroft (french), Mr Robinson (PE). Will post more names when they come to mind.

page

« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2014, 12:56:43 PM »
HI Doreen Grove did u live in the grove have just been talking to a lady who lived in the grove on holiday in Devon her name was Carol Howard does that ring a bell.
This is old man Moores class of 1970 or as many as I can remember. Based in the science lab on the 1st floor.
Boys
Brian Groves, Christopher Bartley, Phillip Abbott, Linval Redman, Steven Fitzsimmons, Dougie White, Neville Guest, Frank Halligan, Iggy Singh and his cousins Avtar and Narinder, Ricky Connor, Everette McMillan, John Keatley, Francis O'Callorhan, and not forgetting Robert Broadmore (RIP).
Girls
Dahlia Marshall, Mary Kissane, Heather Doody, Hillary Ellis, Margaret Hunt, Susan Dorney, and Louise Darcy. I may have these names mixed up but it was over 40 years ago.
Teachers I remember were Mr Moore (science), Mr Francis (maths), Grannie Fallon (english), Miss Tatum(art), Linda Lewis (biology), Fred Hollyoak (metalwork), Ms Holcroft (french), Mr Robinson (PE). Will post more names when they come to mind.

Sterling

« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2014, 11:56:25 AM »
Hi, I went to Moor End Lane between 1962-1966 remember miss Fallon English and I was in the B classes, Is there anyone who was there at that time.I used to live in Doreen Grove Erdington does this ring a bell,

Philip T

« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2014, 03:54:33 PM »

Hi All,

I just found this site after looking on Google Earth for my old school.  The School has obviously been demolished.

My name is Philip Thacker, I was a pupil at the School from 1958 till 1962. I followed my brother William (Billy) Thacker, he was there from 1956 till 1960.  My junior School was Erdington C of E on the High Street.  I was not the most studious of pupils but I did enjoy acting and I was in several of the School productions. I usually played the jester or some other fool.

I look forward to chatting with you but I’m useless at remembering names.

Stay safe.

Phil T

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy