Author Topic: Moor End Lane School Erdington  (Read 53217 times)

Kath rose

Re: Moor End Lane School Erdington
« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2016, 11:49:15 PM »
Hi Pigbin ,
Yep i remember all of those names , as well as George Marshbanks ( Spud )and was it Mr Took who had the trick with the thick and thin cane , which ever one you opted for you always got the other.Must admit though Mr Moore was my favorite in between trying to blow us up , soak us or fry us with his induction coil he certainly had our attention.These days he would have all of the do gooders round his neck , having a right whinge.

I remember a girl called Marcia  Bonquey  or something like that. Marshbanks was walking down and she was told he was Mr Spud. So she greeted him hello Mr Spud.

Kath rose

« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2016, 11:54:41 PM »
my name is keith sheen i was at moor end lane from 1960 to 1964, if my name rings a bell with anyone it would be very nice if you got in touch
I remember you Keith Sheen. I am Kathleen Rose as was.

royboy

« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2016, 10:18:00 PM »
hi does anyone remember moor end lane secondary modern school erdington i left there in 1959 i remember several teachers but my favourite one was mr wager my form master in classes 2b 3b and i started the school in 1955 in class 1a mrs fallons class i  also was in mrs hancocks class mr bradburys class mr moor was my science teacher mr simmons my woodwork teacher mr marshbanks my pe instructer and my french master was a mr bean i would love to hear from anyone who also attended at the same time

pigbin

« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2016, 01:59:17 PM »
Hi Kath Rose, My name is John Howkins, I think I remember you, and all those old names.I was in the Bstream all through the school Does anyone remember Freddie Daniels,Chris Allen,Keith Dolphin,Malcolm Cable,I wonder if they are still around?Can anyone remember when on a trip to Spring Lane playing fields,Mr Sharrets Track suit caught fire!! He must have smoked then and all the running about caused some matches in his pocket to ignite!!I loved it. When I think back I can still picture him flapping his arms about.No harm happened to him,but it made my day after all the caning I had had off him in the past I still live in Erdington althouth not on the Lyndhurst estate anymore.Those were the days in the sixties at the carllton!!

des Sumners

« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2017, 07:32:05 PM »
Left there in 64 my name is Des Sumners...class mates tony chamberlin..les stevens..billy darkes ...freddie ?????...June rose ..and many more..teachers Mr moore ....Lavender ....Wager..Tooke .....just wondering who is still out there and kicking.....

des Sumners

« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2017, 07:35:47 PM »
Kath.....it's Des sumners

susanchick1957

« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2017, 12:04:42 AM »
hi steve this is little chicky  do you remember karen hughes hazel haddon  donald pattersson,  :)

susanchick1957

« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2017, 12:05:17 AM »
hi margret my name is susan chick you went to school with sandra i was a couple of years behind you

susanchick1957

« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2017, 12:14:04 AM »
Does any one hear from Karen Hughes hazel Haddon Pauline Barnes , we all left in 1971

Jillyflower

« Reply #108 on: October 14, 2017, 05:41:02 PM »
Well then, does anyone remember Miss Fallon?  She was our form teacher in 1963 (I think it was).  I remember Mr Taylor the Headmaster, Mr Derry our new teacher who took over from Mr Hector when he died.  I was one of five girls who stayed on for the first 5th year for Shorthand and Typing.  I remember Mr Lavender and Mr Moore.  Anyone else remember these, feel free to  e-mail me.

drewsteve

« Reply #109 on: October 14, 2017, 08:46:45 PM »
I remember Miss Fallon doing English literature. I left in 1965.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy