Author Topic: Moor End Lane School Erdington  (Read 53204 times)

Moonshadow

Re: Moor End Lane School Erdington
« Reply #110 on: October 17, 2018, 09:39:17 PM »
hi does anyone remember moor end lane secondary modern school erdington i left there in 1959 i remember several teachers but my favourite one was mr wager my form master in classes 2b 3b and i started the school in 1955 in class 1a mrs fallons class i  also was in mrs hancocks class mr bradburys class mr moor was my science teacher mr simmons my woodwork teacher mr marshbanks my pe instructer and my french master was a mr bean i would love to hear from anyone who also attended at the same time

I left Moorend School in 1974 remember  so many of the teachers Mr Wager, Mrs Lewis, Mr Jones, Mrs Fallon, Mr Francis, Miss Fellows who then became Mrs Robinson, Mr Robinson to name but a few.
As for pupils Carol Heath, Jill Turner, Gail Smith, Jean Hipkiss, Sylvia Barnes, Jennifer Richards, Elaine Murray..

Moonshadow

« Reply #111 on: October 21, 2018, 01:53:40 PM »
I ALSO PLAYED A FAIRY IN MIDSUMMER NIGHTS DREAM
VERY FOND MEMORIES OF MR  TAYLOR HE GAVE US THE LOVE OF THEATRE AND MUSIC
 SHALL NEVER FORGET MY TIME AT MOOR END HAD SO MANY GREAT FRIENDS XXX JACKIE X

Did you have any photos of Moorend Jack

jackie nokes

« Reply #112 on: October 23, 2018, 04:32:52 PM »
sorry I have no  photos

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #113 on: October 23, 2018, 05:37:49 PM »

this is one it was in black and white but iv added a tad of colour to try and bring it to life

each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Moonshadow

« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2018, 07:26:46 PM »
Does anyone remember Mr Thompset the headmaster, driving his Morris Minor up Spring Lane. 
French teacher Miss Haywood, remember quite a few teachers.
Remember Margaret Ryan, Linda Smith, Kathy Campbell, Jacqueline Crofts.
Maureen o'hara, Christine Henessey.

joyjessie

« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2019, 01:13:50 AM »
This thread has bought so many memories back. I went to Moor End in the 60s  I was in the plays Mid summer dream and Comedy of errors. My name then was Joy Hamilton. My father was the school caretaker. Im sure I have some photos if I sort them out.

Taggio

« Reply #116 on: October 13, 2019, 04:36:49 PM »
I went to moor end 1960-1966 Paul Vultaggio

terrypin

« Reply #117 on: October 13, 2019, 06:26:35 PM »
Hi, I left Moor End in 1951, so a bit before you other guys...

Hi,

That must be about the year I left, at 10, but the only teacher whose name I can remember with any confidence was Miss Owen. I would walk to school in a couple of minutes (longer if there was snow to play with) from my home at 133 Edwards Road.

Terry Pinnell, East Grinstead, UK

terrypin

« Reply #118 on: October 13, 2019, 07:33:30 PM »
Hi Mogmeister   -   I am 80 next month so this is the first time I have posted anything !!! Iused to live at 212 Holly Lane just round the corner from Moor End Lane where I started school.
 Alan Coldicott

Hi Alan,

I'm a few years younger and left the school when I was 10, which would make it 1951,  but your name rings a faint bell. I lived at 133 Edwards Rd, almost opposite its junction with Orchard Rd, and a couple of houses from Moor End Lane. I see this is a longish thread, so I may be posting again as  I step through it!

Terry Pinnell, East Grinstead, UK

Paulc307

« Reply #119 on: November 21, 2019, 08:52:07 AM »
Hi, just found this forum while "surfing". I went to good old moor end 61-66. John Taylor was headmaster he was also my mother's headmaster in 1940!. He always played a piece of classical music at assembly which still hold many memories today. My gran linved in Holly lane opposite Grange rd. We lived on the Lyndhurst EST. Some friends I recall are Colin Jones (still my bestie) David Harris, Jimmy drew, Dave Tomlinson, hockey Davies, rob whittington, Alan cornbill,. One who really sticks out was Robert brown he lived in round road and introduced me to "Bob Dylan" music still love it now. 68 years of age now and have lived in Spain for last 20 years ( Spanish still not v good!) Love hear from any former pupils. By the way my mom is still going strong at 90 and still lives in Holly lane

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #120 on: November 21, 2019, 09:17:26 AM »
hi paul 307

make your self at home feel free to post or ask any question about Erdington    by the way I went to the abby for a short time so enjoy the forum   
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy