Author Topic: Bull Ring Photos  (Read 175486 times)

peter brummy

Re: Bull Ring Photos
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2010, 04:47:48 PM »
Here Here! Nice one royben, that's exactly what I want to do with our good friend johnbirds copy of the Bull Ring - buy a copy!

denise

« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2010, 04:54:42 PM »
Have copyright for fifty years but then it should be public property.We have a right to see our history.

Cd 's are not really the same as pics though are they??

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2010, 06:25:32 PM »
Denise

I could agree with a 50 year limit on copyright, there should be an effort the standardise copyright. It has so many differences in the different media's. There are different rules for different types of photos, different rules for paintings and drawings. The written word is a minefield and thats before we get into film and video.

It really needs sorting out.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

johnbird

« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2010, 07:21:15 PM »
Denise

I do so much agree with you on the point of people making money out images that we all have a right to see. Most times the so called copyright on these photos is dodgy at best.

In the years I have been collecting photos I have seen so many people making claims of copyright on the same photo it is unbelievable. How two or three people can have copyright on the same photo is a mystery to me.

But there are cases of well documented copyright and even if we hold the belief that it is wrong, then we have to obey the law as it is set out.

In the case of John Bird apparently he has well documented proof of copyright of the photo. But it wasn't this that he is attempting to make money from but the fact he had spent a lot of time colouring these two old photos and it was this time and effort that he is looking to be reimbursed for and who can blame him for that.

Phil
Thank you Phil47, you put it better than me.
Growing old is compulsory, Growing up is not!

johnbird

« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2010, 07:25:32 PM »
Yes, very good .... What about the quality?

An A4 will do me for the same money. A3 is too big for where I want to put it.
The image on Ebay and the image that has since been removed from the forum are (Were!) low definition, the prints are scanned at 50 million pixels so are very sharp, it took me 6 weeks to restore the image and a further 3 months to colour so in all 4 and a half weeks work.
hope this helps.
I am sorry to all on here if I have put a cat amongst the rollers, but we should all be aware that we can get stung by the copyright bee.

tramp

« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2010, 07:43:39 PM »
johnbird,

You have nothing to be sorry about, as you appear to have done absolutely nothing wrong; rather you've done all possible to act legally and correctly. 

Moreover, you have behaved courteously, patiently and inadvertently prompted a copyright discussion.   Well done all round - all of this is what this forum is for. O0

tramp

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2010, 07:45:35 PM »
John

You have nothing to apologise for, have you not thought of putting you name or logo on the photo to stop people taking copies of your work. I'm sure you must have seen others do similar.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

denise

« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2010, 09:27:23 PM »
Yes I agree no apologies needed........but an opportunity for giving our views on this subject

peter brummy

« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2010, 01:14:10 AM »
Here's a picture of what could have been the New Bull Ring. If they had of built this one with it's free flowing streetscape instead of the present one it would been easier for old people to visit and get around. The new one is so steep, that old people find it difficult and exhausting to climb from St Martin's up to High St.

Architecturally and aesthetically it has a lot more to offer than the new one and looks like a real streetscape. It looks a bit like St Peter's Square ....

astrablue

« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2010, 08:52:05 PM »
brilliant pics boys,thanks for the memories !! :)
I am one
but im only one
cant do everything
but can do something
i do what i can do
and what i can do
i ought to do !

johnbird

« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2010, 02:59:47 PM »
Here's a picture of what could have been the New Bull Ring. If they had of built this one with it's free flowing streetscape instead of the present one it would been easier for old people to visit and get around. The new one is so steep, that old people find it difficult and exhausting to climb from St Martin's up to High St.

Architecturally and aesthetically it has a lot more to offer than the new one and looks like a real streetscape. It looks a bit like St Peter's Square ....
I much prefer that to the one there now!!
sorry peter brummy, I have not been on the forum for a while, PM me for details about A4 copies....

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy