Author Topic: Bull Ring Photos  (Read 175509 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: Bull Ring Photos
« Reply #363 on: June 03, 2019, 09:22:31 AM »

has you can see iv removed the photo I put up of the snow phil pointed out its not of the bull ring but not to worry  this one is

each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

JudithM

« Reply #364 on: June 03, 2019, 01:00:21 PM »
Bull ring flower sellers in what looks like the late 19th or early 20th century. I wonder how tall that chap on the left was?
At least 6'5" I reckon!
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

frederick

« Reply #365 on: June 03, 2019, 04:13:20 PM »
I wonder if very tall people back then could buy an extra large bed. If so probably come from Holland.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

JudithM

« Reply #366 on: June 04, 2019, 01:39:59 PM »
I wonder if very tall people back then could buy an extra large bed. If so probably come from Holland.
Maybe they just had to sleep diagonally across a normal one  ;D

frederick

« Reply #367 on: June 04, 2019, 04:58:08 PM »
When we have been on holiday I have asked a very tall man, how do you get on sleeping in these normal size beds.His answer I have to lay with my knees bent or feet sticking out of the bed.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #368 on: June 05, 2019, 10:19:37 AM »
two early panoramas of the Bull Ring, the first one looking down the bull ring and the second looking up.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #369 on: June 09, 2019, 02:04:16 PM »
One of the many tunnels that were plentiful around the Bull Ring at one, to be quite honest I'm not a hundred percent sure where this one was location. Taking a guess I would say it was the one that ran under Moor Street and opened at the Bottom of St Martins House where those kiosks were and ran down to Park Street because that looks like the Bull Ring Cinema at the bottom that was an amusement arcade in the 60's.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

JudithM

« Reply #370 on: June 10, 2019, 01:16:39 PM »
One of the many tunnels that were plentiful around the Bull Ring at one, to be quite honest I'm not a hundred percent sure where this one was location. Taking a guess I would say it was the one that ran under Moor Street and opened at the Bottom of St Martins House where those kiosks were and ran down to Park Street because that looks like the Bull Ring Cinema at the bottom that was an amusement arcade in the 60's.
Yes, I think that is that tunnel.  I used to regularly use one of the shops on the left just after the tunnel to buy blank cassette tapes & other audio bits & pieces.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #371 on: June 10, 2019, 07:56:10 PM »
Looking up the Bull Ring in the 1930's from what looks like a scaffold, I can't think why it would be scaffolded in the 1930's because I don't think any major renovations took place then so perhaps it was just routine maintenance.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #372 on: June 16, 2019, 12:49:16 PM »
The fountain that was at the rear of Manzoni Gardens that can just be seen in my previous photo, like all birmingham fountains it didn't have a very long working life as it disappeared after a very few years,
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

JudithM

« Reply #373 on: June 17, 2019, 01:14:41 PM »
The fountain that was at the rear of Manzoni Gardens that can just be seen in my previous photo, like all birmingham fountains it didn't have a very long working life as it disappeared after a very few years,
I can't remember it at all.  When was it there?

The only one I can remember was the one inside, near the escalators down to New Street Station.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy