Author Topic: South Yardley Amateurs FC  (Read 7893 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: South Yardley Amateurs FC
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2016, 06:45:09 PM »
Hi Earlswood Bob

I left Dennis Rd in 1962 and as I have said to Bob Summers before I don't even remember him and he was only in the year before me so I honestly don't remember anyone on that photo, plus I never had any interest in football or cricket. I do have a faint memory of a Mr Davis at the school, did he start at the school sometime in 61 or 63, anyway I was never in any of his classes.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

bobsummers

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2017, 01:12:14 PM »

There where two South Yardley Amateurs in the 63/64 season in the B'ham Boys League that both got through to the Birmingham Junior Cup the A side Beat the B side against the run of play. The only time in Birmingham Amateur football that one club played each other in a major Final at the BSA ground. I played for the B side whom where mainly lads from Waverley Grammar school that won The Villa cup in 1963.
We only mixed the players up in the Saturday youth side.

More photos of both teams around 1961/64 with interestingly for WBA supporters a very young Graham Lovett and for Villa Fans a very young Geoff (Taxi) Taylor

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2017, 01:24:21 PM »
Hi Bob

How are you keeping, in your 62/63 photo who is the teacher? I don't recognise him, was he new?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

bobsummers

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2017, 01:38:05 PM »
Hi Phil
I still keep a check on you all occasionaly, my post was about the best Jounior Football teams around 1961-64

The Players;  Coupland,Smith,Ladbrook,Worton, Chadaway,South,Lad from Handsworth, Geoff Taxi Taylor

Deathridge,Worrall,Copson, Ward

bobsummers

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2017, 01:46:12 PM »

And the glossary of the time

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2017, 01:58:32 PM »
Bob

I was talking about the photo posted March 31st last year of the 62/63 Villa Cup finalists. I don't remember the teacher you were sat next to, what was his name?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Bobrob

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2018, 01:25:07 PM »
Phil I was only 16/17 then and went to the Ritz Kings Heath that time and it closed at 11pm.

This photo is of the Cup Final team South Yardley Amateurs B. 1964 season

Standing Left to Right; ?, me Bobby Summers, Bob ?, Roger Simmons, Dave Ladbrooke, Kenny Copson, ? Joyce.

Siting;Peter Detheridge, Terry Worton, Anton Rapps, Ray South, Brian Worrell, Dicky Martin

Bob ?...the only other Bob I remember in the Waverley group was Bob Booker ???

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2018, 02:35:04 PM »
Bobrob,  just happen to see this thread.Iplayed in the South Bham Sunday Lge from 1956-61for Hayden Rgs & Elmdon Swifts.And one of the best sides in that period was Colmore Youths.They won 4 lge titlesDiv4-3-2-1 and we were runners up every year beaten by 1 point.But we did have the satisfaction of beating them in theLen Ward Cup Final.Great times.
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy