Author Topic: Roller Skating Rink  (Read 147681 times)

frederick

Re: Roller Skating Rink
« Reply #473 on: January 09, 2016, 01:35:34 PM »
Les Woodley used to get our wooden wheels turned down for a small fee. The wheels after a few miles would go egg shaped and for a small fee you would be back on them again racing round.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

planetmalc

« Reply #474 on: January 09, 2016, 03:03:10 PM »
Les Woodley used to get our wooden wheels turned down for a small fee. The wheels after a few miles would go egg shaped and for a small fee you would be back on them again racing round.

What made them go egg-shaped, Fred?
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

Spud

« Reply #475 on: January 09, 2016, 03:34:01 PM »
Regarding Gainsborough Precision. It Fred Woodley who was sent down he started up the business from a shed in his back garden. They were very involved in Precision Machining  for The Aerospace Industry. As a 'Side Line' they manufactured The Gainsborough Electric Shower'. I had quite a lot of dealings with them for a good many years. Fred Woodley [no relation to owner] and Ricky May both worked for Gainsborough and went on to set up their own Machining businesses. It is almost 20 years since I retired from the Aerospace so  I am somewhat out of touch these days.
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

frederick

« Reply #476 on: January 09, 2016, 05:00:59 PM »
Planetmalc,
What made the wheels go egg shape. I should think it would have been the constant pushing agains the floor.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

planetmalc

« Reply #477 on: January 10, 2016, 11:58:09 AM »
Planetmalc,
What made the wheels go egg shape. I should think it would have been the constant pushing agains the floor.

Cheers, Fred! O0

There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

cazzap

« Reply #478 on: January 10, 2016, 11:34:39 PM »
Phil How can I get permission to use a photo of heneage street

Coastal

« Reply #479 on: January 10, 2016, 11:39:48 PM »
That would depend on who owns the rights to to picture.
Do unto others before they do unto you.

cazzap

Copyright of photos
« Reply #480 on: January 11, 2016, 10:22:58 AM »
How can I find out    I haven't used this site for a while and am really rusty in how to use it.

Coastal

« Reply #481 on: January 11, 2016, 11:47:23 AM »
If the photo is on this forum, ask whoever posted it direct,
Do unto others before they do unto you.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #482 on: January 11, 2016, 02:27:24 PM »
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Tricia

« Reply #483 on: January 18, 2016, 04:14:37 PM »
Hi,
I discovered this page this afternoon. I used to roller skate a lot,at the embassy. someone mentioned my sister's name, Clare Dando. She was a member of MRSC, I was a member of BRSC.
We once had a sort of date with Peter Howell and Alan Tart, in that they came to our house one Sunday evening. However Mum and Dad were going out to church and they were very strict about us having boys in the house, so we sat on our front lawn drinking home made ginger beer.
Later I went out with  David Roe,and used to go to hockey matches with him, I wasn't very fast as a skater, even though I trained hard. It all came to an end when we went to live in Rhyl in March 1960. I did keep up the skating for a while, but Rhyl rink was tiny, and everyone geared to dancing. Danny Kelly was stationed at Kinmel camp, and used to use Rhyl rink.Later on he did move to Rhyl,and is still there

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy