Author Topic: Roller Skating Rink  (Read 147678 times)

johnnyfry

Re: Roller Skating Rink
« Reply #264 on: December 24, 2011, 05:59:09 PM »
Hi Chris

I went to see John Folley back in June.  I did a 2 hour "interview" with him and put it on DVD for posterity.  If you email me your contact details I'll send over a copy for you/your dad if you like.  Tell your dad I've also interviewed Danny Kelly, Pat & Leo Eason, Bob Halford and Mick McGeough...and I have plans in the New Year to do Les Woodley, Ricky May and Chloe Ronaldson...amongst others.  I'd really be interested in seeing the old photos your dad has.  I'm a bit of a "collector" as you will see if you have been on the website www.britishskatinglegends.webs.com

You should be able to email from my contact details on this forum.  If not, post on here and I'm sure we will sort something out.

All the best

Johnny Fry

roymondo

« Reply #265 on: December 25, 2011, 10:57:47 AM »
message fior Phil the moderator, i want to put a couple of old photos on the site but they need to be reduced in size and i haven't got a clue how to resize them, i have put several photos on here before but i had a friend that used to do the honours, i need to sort this out , can you help,  regards R

frederick

« Reply #266 on: December 25, 2011, 12:29:11 PM »
Roymundo,
Go to www.tinypic,com  click on browse select the photo you want to put on double left click and the file browse will have numbers and words then click on upload now under neath click on size 640x480 and then you put the words into your answer click up load then left click on the second down it starts with IMG then right click on copy then go to the forum  and right click in the reply box then left click on paste. and numbers and word will come up and that is it   O0
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

roymondo

« Reply #267 on: December 25, 2011, 02:37:08 PM »
thanks frederick,sounds complicated but I'll give it a go as i promised mick poole a couple of pics ages ago but could not get them on,hope that your enjoying the silly season, all the best  ,thanks R

johnnyfry

« Reply #268 on: December 25, 2011, 05:04:41 PM »
If that fails... try opening the picture in "Paint" and then click on "Resize".  Type in a size (e.g. 60) in the 'Horizontal' and 'Vertical' and Save the picture as a different name.  It should dramatically reduce the size of the file and allow you to download it onto the Forum...

I'd be interested in those pics too!! :)

roymondo

« Reply #269 on: December 26, 2011, 11:38:37 AM »
Johny,thanks for your advice not too sure if i can get my head around all this but I'll have a go,obviously if the photos appear then I've cracked it, cheers R

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #270 on: December 26, 2011, 11:42:05 AM »
Roymondo

If you click on this link, it will give detailed instructions.

Phil

http://www.birminghamforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,4681.0.html
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

roymondo

« Reply #271 on: December 26, 2011, 06:26:27 PM »
followed all the instructions to no avail ,but it didn't work so after messing about for over an hour sadly I'm going to have to admit defeat, at least i tried,****

roymondo

« Reply #272 on: December 27, 2011, 01:08:40 PM »
did someone mention their old skates?  well mine have turned up after 40 years ,i thought that they had gone forever but they turned up in my brothers garage, the photo is exactly as they were found with siezed up wheels still partly covered with bostik from the dreaded mecca rink at springhill ,the rink that destroyed speed skating as we knew it, the skates were made by dexter and although they look a bit primative i had forgotten how lightweight they were, many thanks to johhny fry for downsizing  the original photo.

roymondo

« Reply #273 on: December 27, 2011, 04:33:09 PM »
att Mick Poole,  sorry it has taken so long but I've finally managed to get Phil holmes photo on here courtesy of John Fry,  Phil suggested that i send this one which was taken in 1960 which was about the time you used to knock about together, hopefully it is him that you remember after all the messing about trying to get it on here but he remembers you so i think we've got it right,  just to say thanks to Frederick , and the admin guys for all your advice and help with this, the instructions were spot on but my old pc could not cope, John Fry came to the rescue so thanks for that John.

planetmalc

« Reply #274 on: December 27, 2011, 05:07:53 PM »
did someone mention their old skates?  well mine have turned up after 40 years ,i thought that they had gone forever but they turned up in my brothers garage, the photo is exactly as they were found with siezed up wheels still partly covered with bostik from the dreaded mecca rink at springhill ,the rink that destroyed speed skating as we knew it......

Well Roy, someone must have thought it showed a bit of promise 'cos I've just been reading a Birmingham nostalgia book that claims that the Mecca was the first British rink to host the World Championships (in 1967).  O0
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy