Author Topic: Tribute to a well known brummie biker - Speedy RIP  (Read 6006 times)

peter brummy

Re: Tribute to a well known brummie biker - Speedy RIP
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 09:57:14 PM »
I had to laugh at this .... what did you do, fly home or go through it again ...?

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 10:27:55 PM »
in reply to my last post

we had a good 9 days and nights when we arrived in the harbor we dropped the hook and had a chat to the harbormaster and we put the french flag up  because of the trip that i had we stayed on until we had a good forecast we set off at dusk to come home we had the right winds  and made a good 7 knots i was on the stick and felt OK about 0700 the folowing morning the wind dropped so we done a bit of fishing and had a swim i was OK by now i forgot how ill i was i did a few more trips after that  but i lost intrest  since that first trip i have been in some bad storms i was not ill but i was scared out of my wits a few times
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

peter brummy

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 10:41:22 PM »
The crashing and rolling of the car ferry in heavy seas is enough for me .... I get scared out of my wits then too .... LOL ..! Never mind a 28ft yacht ...?

Steve

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2010, 05:11:29 PM »
Heed Ro Ben Brenden, I'm 65 but if I could afford a Bonnie you wouldn't see much of me in the summer months, go for it. Old at 45? c'mon bab.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

tramp

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2010, 06:28:56 PM »
Brendan, take Steve's advice - mine to -

Simply go for it Brendan, 45, that's only 2nd gear at most in traffic....imagine rolling through the Lake District in summer (passing all the cars & coaches that are bumper to bumper)..... and doing a ton and ten on the old Kenilworth (Roman) Rd before breakfast... that's living mate - go for it - YOU WILL NEVER REGRET IT O0 O0 O0

tramp

brenden

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 10:01:31 PM »
 Not much chance at the moment Lads as me and the wife are doing up our house, Seems to be higher up the priority agenda than a bonnie, Well thats what the wife keeps telling me.

frederick

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2010, 09:51:49 AM »
Do you bikers out there have anything to do with the " three amigos " we get hundreds of bikers down here when they have an amigos get to gether  O0
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Jacqueline

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2010, 11:17:30 PM »
J,T SMITH,

Sorry for delay in reply. We used to hang about with Tony at the British Oak in Stirchley. We did not use the grant. However we still remember when he took on a boxer at the grant saying his martial arts would win. First kick and he broke his foot....the plonker. :)

Hubby knew him as they were both bikers and i also knew Beryl from school.

john2000

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2010, 10:13:42 AM »
Roy, what happened to the beautiful sunsets on a carme sea, next time you go out take some thick soup with you, thicker the better, and some bottles of the strong stuff from Ireland, but for gods sake dont have any oysters just befoe you sail,... happy days, J2
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

john2000

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2010, 10:24:44 AM »
Heed Ro Ben Brenden, I'm 65 but if I could afford a Bonnie you wouldn't see much of me in the summer months, go for it. Old at 45? c'mon bab.

Steve, no youre never too old, only try to get a boat the does'nt need to much work when sailing, I had a trimaran 9m x 4.5m and I loved it ( it was my second love of my life ) well thats what I told my misses, and its always better to have a friend along with you, ( they can do the jumping about), like when you come to the jetty, you have to jump out the cockpit run across the deck, grab a rope, run back to the cockpit slow the engine, then back again to the bow, hoping that the boat wil slow down so you can jump on to the jetty and tie the boat up, but then you find you had stopped the engine a little too soon because she starts to stop and fall away with the tide ( which is alway going where you dont want it to be), run back to the cockpit put the engine into gear and pull forward when your speed is up a little, put out of gear run over the deck grab the rope, and start all over again.. oh, happy days,
But then theres the times when you come back to the boat pi*sed as a rat, and wonder where you left the boat...again happy days. ha, :D O0  J2
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Steve

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2010, 08:06:57 PM »
John. Brings back memories of sailing and rowing 32 foot cutters up and down the rivers while I was at HMS Ganges.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy