Author Topic: Birmingham City - Luciano Figueroa  (Read 1738 times)

Futbol_x3

Birmingham City - Luciano Figueroa
« on: October 24, 2010, 04:41:07 PM »
Back in 2003 Birmingham manger Steve Bruce signed the "new Gabriel Batistuta" from Rosario Central for a fee of £2.5 million.

After six months and only 2 substitute appearances Luciano Figueroa was allowed to leave, with Bruce saying that Figueroa was never suited to English football because of his physique.

Here's what he's been up to since.

pickard.r

Re: Birmingham City - Luciano Figueroa
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 10:03:12 AM »
If I remember rightly a certain Geoff Horsfield likened him to an " average Sunday League player " ???

Bobby
You can lead a horse to water but, a pencil must be lead.

berniew

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 12:56:33 PM »
Saw him play for about 10 mins but he went on to do well in Spain , Steve Bruce obviously didn't rate him , makes you wonder who bought him without the managers approval

blueblizzard

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 11:24:02 PM »
If I remember correctly he made his debut in a sweltering pre season friendly against Real Mallorca.             The reason for his lack of appearances was due to the fact he was actually signed by sullivan (after watching him on video) Bruce didn't like the fact that sully went above his head and refused to play him.

Cheers Bluey O0 KRO

Don't take life so seriously,,,nobody gets out alive anyway

blackrose

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 06:36:06 PM »
I was at that Mallorca game but I have to confess can't remember him!  Took my kids one of who was tiny and had to leave at half-time as we were in the family stand which was facing the sun and it was truly roasting.  I seem to remember that no-one was that interested in playing football except Robbie Savge who treated the game like every other game and ran around like a madman.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy