Author Topic: Peppers - Erdington.  (Read 9322 times)

sandrac

Re: Peppers - Erdington.
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 10:15:45 PM »
Jimmy was a redhead with a great sense of humour into Motown. He's grey now but still has a great smile, he's my neices uncle !
I remember the name Costello weren't there a couple of brothers ?

Gaz2010

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2011, 07:22:00 PM »
Jimmy was a redhead with a great sense of humour into Motown. He's grey now but still has a great smile, he's my neices uncle !
I remember the name Costello weren't there a couple of brothers ?
I think Malcolm had one brother...

exsalfordbridge

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 01:10:20 PM »
Hi Nickcc, Im fairly new to the forum & still finding my way around it, yes i remember Peppers in the late 60s.  I met my late husband Gerry their, and he knew all the bouncers including Ernie.  They used to let me in for free.   :)

nickcc

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 07:25:31 PM »
Hi Nickcc, Im fairly new to the forum & still finding my way around it, yes i remember Peppers in the late 60s.  I met my late husband Gerry their, and he knew all the bouncers including Ernie.  They used to let me in for free.   :)
Hello exsalfordbridge
Yes Ernie was a great bloke I first met him when he worked on the forcourt at Stocklands Marsh Hill, we had some great times some of which are best forgotten  ;)
Nick

Helston Cornwall

exsalfordbridge

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2012, 10:25:00 PM »
Hi Nick Yes im sure there best forgotten ;)  but thanks for answering, You mention that you met Ernie on the forcourt of the Stocklands im presuming you mean the pub!  If so then you must remember Gerry he was the best customer the Stockland had.   Im sure their profits were down when he went out of town to work ::) :)

nickcc

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2012, 08:25:07 AM »
Hello exsalfordbridge

No I meant Stockland coaches not the pub where many of our drivers had their second home and where I had my first drink of bitter (and last)  Ernie used to serve the petrol at the weekends, if I remember correctly his day job was as a Toolmaker for IMI.

Nick
Nick

Helston Cornwall

exsalfordbridge

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2012, 12:47:38 PM »
thanks Nick, thought it was worth a mention, i remember Stockland coaches but didnt really know much about Ernie as i only knew him through my other half Gerry and Peppers, but nice memories all the same, cheers  O0

dawnie

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2012, 10:58:31 PM »
we allways went to peppers on a friday night , our spot was right up the front to the left hand side right by the speakers with the o neill brothers ...we couldnt hear a thing when we came out but we didnt care.

robbogt

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2013, 07:38:22 PM »
My Dad and Uncle ran Peppers. Howard and Bob Thomas. My Grandfather was the liscencee, also called Bob. I hear so many great stories about the bands they used to have on and the individuals that went on to big things. Feel quite proud when Robert Plant says to my Dad, "alroight Howard!" Really wish there were more pictures on the Internet from those days. Anyone know of any links?

townie

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2017, 05:14:02 PM »
Anyone know what as I remember The Queens Head at six ways Erdington changed its name to Peppers? Or are the people on this thread talking about another pub.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2017, 07:01:11 PM »
robbogt

Welcome to you, sorry I don't know of any links for the Queens Head, but you could try typing Erdington into the search box at the top right of the page as we have several threads on Erdington where there might be mentions of the pub.

Not a pub I ever used myself, but there again there were not many out that way that I ever did use, too far away from town for my liking.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy