Author Topic: Balsall Heath - Photo's of Benacre Street and/or Hope Street  (Read 87636 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Balsall Heath - Photo's of Benacre Street and/or Hope Street
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2011, 02:02:54 PM »
Janey

I don't think they were even board, most of the ones I remember were made of a thin piece of zinc metal fixed to a timber lath frame.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

janey

« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2011, 02:30:59 PM »
I know it was changed every few months I walked past it every day, ::)

pickard.r

« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2011, 11:03:16 AM »

The advertising board - drinka pinta milka day - on the side of the building is priceless. What do you want to bet it ended up in a skip somewhere?

Hi Anne
Take a look at this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAtKjuiMpRk&feature=related

Bobby
You can lead a horse to water but, a pencil must be lead.

Anne from Stirchley

« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2011, 08:23:29 PM »
Bobby, thanks for that. Actually I was thinking of The Blood Donor when I saw the advertising board on the building. I've the albums here in the States, but I never thought to watch Hancock on YouTube.

carol attwood

« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2011, 03:21:39 AM »
I went to Hope St seniors 61/65 knew lots of people, don't recognise your name, but i'm not good at remembering names, Josie Wynn Benacre St the Ward's, Lloyds, any of them ring a bell, when i started Mr Drayton was head, he left and we had Mr Benson,

Hi , wondering if you remember my Sister Sandra Attwood who also went to Hope St. her best friend was Paggy Mitchell. I also remember the Ward familey as Kenny was my brothers best man,also his brither Johnny and sister Sandra. Do any of these ring a bell.

janey

« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2011, 09:38:56 AM »

Hi , wondering if you remember my Sister Sandra Attwood who also went to Hope St. her best friend was Paggy Mitchell. I also remember the Ward familey as Kenny was my brothers best man,also his brither Johnny and sister Sandra. Do any of these ring a bell.

Hi Carol I spoke to you a while back, I remember the name well just can't put a face to it, I remember Tony Ward and Sandra Ward, not sure if its the same family.

john2000

« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2011, 10:24:54 AM »
Can all tell me at what time you where at Hope St, a lot of bells are ringing, but ..who? where? what? keeps coming into mind, having been to Mary St, and then Hope St, ( I only went there beacuse most of my mates wanted to go,), maybe it's because I've been away for so long name,faces, slowy fade from view, :-\ ..J2
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

janey

« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2011, 10:31:56 AM »
John I am not sure you were asking me or Carol, I was at Hope St  62/66,

john2000

« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2011, 10:44:40 AM »
John I am not sure you were asking me or Carol, I was at Hope St  62/66,

You where both there after me,  I was the lord of the manor between 1950-1955, god, I am old,,,, :-\ .. O0 ..J2
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

janey

« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2011, 10:47:55 AM »
well I am catching up :)

cambridge109

« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2012, 05:16:22 AM »
I would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.  I live in Western Canada.  My grandmother [Nellie Louisa Skett] was born in 1895 at 15 Court 10 Benacre Street.  I found references to my great grandparents Emma and Albert Skett.  My reading on the one hand says that Benacre Street was bombed during WWII, and no longer exists, whereas others refer to it simply being renamed Mowbray Street.  Can you tell me which is correct.  When I visit Birmingham I would love to locate the area.

Thanks

Garry Mitchell
[/font]

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy