Author Topic: Balsall Heath - Photo's of Benacre Street and/or Hope Street  (Read 87435 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: Balsall Heath - Photo's of Benacre Street and/or Hope Street
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2011, 01:33:50 PM »
hi Phil nice photo in the early 50s about October that shop used to sell firworks and they used to put them on show in the window i was always going down to that shop just to have a look in the widow and standing there for ages  then i would go over the road to the flates give my posh mate a call they had a bath in there flate
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

alanmillard

« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2011, 02:55:34 PM »
Do any of you remember the Callaghan's, corner of Angelina St Dymoke St, the Pratt's Conybere St
I also had relations who lived round about my auntie doris who had two daughters one named jean but sadly cant remember the second daughter as we left the erea in the fifties and have not seen them since
alan

janey

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2011, 08:26:15 PM »
Hi Janey

Was it this corner?

Phil
The little shop was called Storers, now it could have been other names at different times I am talking about early 60s, and Mr Callaghan lived in the house just into Angelina St, not the big one on the corner, they moved in to St Martin's Flats about 65/66 when they started clearing all the houses on that side of Angelina St, Dymoke St, Conybere, and William Edward St,they were all gone by about late66/67, they built a school on the land, which I believe is still there, thinking about it I left the area in 67 so it would have been a bit later the are was cleared, more like 68/69

peejay

Re: Balsall Heath - Photo'of dymoke st
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2011, 01:23:40 AM »
i used to go with a girl from 40 dymoke st.,her name was margaret welch,that was way back in 1957 she left birmingham for australia and a new life.

brummie72

« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2011, 11:17:19 PM »
have u any pics of hope street school..id be very grateful as i have an uncle that attended the schol in 1939.....sorry if this is the 2nd post,im new to this site and havent a clue if im doin it rite..thanx.x

john2000

« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2011, 09:06:41 PM »
I went to Hope St seniors 61/65 knew lots of people, don't recognise your name, but i'm not good at remembering names, Josie Wynn Benacre St the Ward's, Lloyds, any of them ring a bell, when i started Mr Drayton was head, he left and we had Mr Benson,

There was a family who had two boys ( twins) and they had red hair, does anyone know anything about them . ?? J2
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

janey

« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2011, 09:54:11 PM »

There was a family who had two boys ( twins) and they had red hair, does anyone know anything about them . ?? J2
What year, did they go to Hope St?

john2000

« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2011, 11:29:39 PM »
What year, did they go to Hope St?

I dont think they went to Hope St, but they lived in Benacre St on the left hand side coming form Gooch St.

pickard.r

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2011, 09:02:19 AM »

I was just looking on another forum and came across this, I didn,t know Hope Street but remembered this thread & the request for pictures

Bobby
You can lead a horse to water but, a pencil must be lead.

janey

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2011, 09:20:17 AM »

I dont think they went to Hope St, but they lived in Benacre St on the left hand side coming form Gooch St.
I don't recall twins with ginger hair, but it could be an age difference I certainly recognize the photo though, you can just see the Star on the left, which was on the corner of Hope St and Gooch St.

john2000

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2011, 10:53:24 AM »

I was just looking on another forum and came across this, I didn,t know Hope Street but remembered this thread & the request for pictures

Bobby

Shame, I cant open the photo..J2

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy