Author Topic: Balsall Heath - Photo's of Benacre Street and/or Hope Street  (Read 87436 times)

Bari

Re: Balsall Heath - Photo's of Benacre Street and/or Hope Street
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2012, 09:39:12 AM »
ok  :)
I went to Hope St seniors 61/65 knew lots of people, don't recognise your name, but i'm not good at remembering names, Josie Wynn Benacre St the Ward's, Lloyds, any of them ring a bell, when i started Mr Drayton was head, he left and we had Mr Benson,
Hi Janey, I went to Hope Street same time as you, Mr Burgess was the art teacher he played guitar, Mback to backst Green was deputy head, do you remember Mr Wilson, I started in class 1/1 then 22a, 32a finally 42a. Do you remember me Bari Aziz, I lived at 1/42 Longmore Street it was one of the back to backs.We used to call Mr Drayton Hitler, we also had Mr Evans as our woodwork teacher and Mr Morris too.Mrs Houghton was our teacher in second year, bet you can't recall Mr Dorricot he was our form teacher in tthe fourth year. Mr Green was deputy head and he later became a city councillor, I met him a few times after I left school as I became a senior offficer of the city council. I can remember a lot of my old class mates.

I think therefore I am

janey

« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2012, 06:05:32 PM »
Hi Janey, I went to Hope Street same time as you, Mr Burgess was the art teacher he played guitar, Mback to backst Green was deputy head, do you remember Mr Wilson, I started in class 1/1 then 22a, 32a finally 42a. Do you remember me Bari Aziz, I lived at 1/42 Longmore Street it was one of the back to backs.We used to call Mr Drayton Hitler, we also had Mr Evans as our woodwork teacher and Mr Morris too.Mrs Houghton was our teacher in second year, bet you can't recall Mr Dorricot he was our form teacher in tthe fourth year. Mr Green was deputy head and he later became a city councillor, I met him a few times after I left school as I became a senior offficer of the city council. I can remember a lot of my old class mates.
Funny enough I don't really remember you from school, but had a couple of friends who knew you out of school, so remember you through them, Bernie Joan Betty, I remember all the teachers you mentioned,  with the exception of Mr Dorricot, Mr Wilson was my form teacher.

Bari

« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2012, 11:21:00 AM »
Here we go, third time lucky :D
We had p.e. and dance lessons in the Memorial Hall, I alwaya got the spotty girl, life was so unfair.

I think therefore I am

janey

« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2012, 12:25:24 PM »
We had p.e. and dance lessons in the Memorial Hall, I alwaya got the spotty girl, life was so unfair.
Do you remember the christmas party, and the twist competition in the Memorial Hall, seems like yesterday, did you find the pic of your mom.

Bari

« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2012, 12:30:21 PM »
Do you remember the christmas party, and the twist competition in the Memorial Hall, seems like yesterday, did you find the pic of your mom.
Hi Janey, my brother had the twist competition he was a year lower tham me, my friends were Richard Arnold, some of the girls were Vera Johnson, Miriam Rashman, perhaps you were in my brothers year.
Thank you very much for sourcing that photo of my mother I appreciate it ,it was very kind of you. xx
I think therefore I am

john2000

« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2012, 01:18:33 PM »
öh, I don't know, what did she get,?
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Bari

« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2012, 01:31:39 PM »
öh, I don't know, what did she get,?
Knowing my luck she blossomed into a beautiful woman.
I think therefore I am

Robertbyatt

« Reply #95 on: October 27, 2012, 11:34:06 AM »

I was brought up in wenman st in ballsal heath I went to Mary st and then Dennis rd school I was in the
Same class as Alan deakin the villa capt he was quite a good mate I know very st in ballsal Heath I spent my
First twelve years almost living in cannon hill park we had some fun there as kids ihad a paper round i used to work for coopers shop in Edward rd they called me nobby I have been married for 42 years ihave a son
Wholives in castle vale cheerio

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2012, 12:29:21 PM »
Hi Robert

Welcome to the forum, some time back I put a photo of Alan Deakins class taken outside of one of the annex classrooms. I would imagine you would be on it. You must have been at Dennis Rd a few years before me I was there 58 - 62 or something like that. I also lived in Vincent Street for a good part of my youth and in Larches St Sparkbrook as well.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Bari

« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2012, 12:39:44 PM »
Hi Rob,

Are you Nobby? Shirleys brother uncle of Geoffrey, Lorraine and Trevor. I am Bari Melvyns brother or as you used to call him Maurice.
I think therefore I am

Bari

« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2012, 12:48:14 AM »
I was brought up in wenman st in ballsal heath I went to Mary st and then Dennis rd school I was in the
Same class as Alan deakin the villa capt he was quite a good mate I know very st in ballsal Heath I spent my
First twelve years almost living in cannon hill park we had some fun there as kids ihad a paper round i used to work for coopers shop in Edward rd they called me nobby I have been married for 42 years ihave a son
Wholives in castle vale cheerio
Rob, are you Nobby who moved to Bognor Regis with Melvyn, I am Melvyns brother Bari.

I think therefore I am

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy