Author Topic: Birmingham Brothels  (Read 84319 times)

christopher

Birmingham Brothels
« on: February 21, 2007, 01:34:17 AM »
An article by Dr Ian R. K. Paisley on the European Protestant Studies website mentions a report in the November 2000 edition of The Universe which had the headline 2000 "Legal Brothel set to open in Birmingham." Don't tell me the Birmingham City Councillors heeded the words of the Rev. Doctor and said "No."  8)

Bannion

Re: Birmingham Brothels
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 04:31:11 PM »
Now I knew the brothels of Varna Road and area back in the 60's - but not in the sense that some of you will be thinking - Oh heck believe what you like!
Had an enquiry to make at one such place and pulled up opposite.   There was a line of about eight Pakistani men waiting for admission for their turn.
At the back of the line was a old fella who must have been eighty if he was a day.  He stood all bent and huddled and sort of gave me hope for the future.
In any case drove on so as to make room for any ambulance that may have been called subsequently.
For those who may want to know I can later relate as to what happend on my return.

christopher

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 01:26:32 AM »
Some right goings on in Birmingham 8) At the end of September 2005, nineteen women aged between nineteen and thirty, who detectives believed were tricked into working as sex slaves, were removed from Cuddles on Hagley Road.

Bannion

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 05:22:52 PM »
Getting a little concerned about you Christopher ;)  It beggars the question - why you kept that little gem  for nigh on eighteen months before releasing it to us.?
Go on you can tell us. You are with friends we will not spread it around. ???

Jacqueline

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 11:55:49 PM »
I live in Brum and would welcome legalised brothels but admit i would not want them next door to me. Where to site them would be the biggest problem.

christopher

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 02:25:55 AM »
Maybe a derelict industrial estate be a suitable location since prostitution in the oldest industry in the world 8)

Telstar

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 02:10:51 AM »
Then why a derelict industrial estate ....? Why not treat the worlds oldest profession with a little dignity and the respect it deserves ....? I think the women deserve better and first and foremost need to be looked after properly .... They need to be loved and safe ....

It's also a very profitable profession ....?

Properly organised and run by women with womens best interests at heart, it wouldn't have to be so seedy and down at heel .... With proper finance in place it would easily be possible to purchase a whole block of houses with big drives in front of them on the Hagley Rd .... Properly run establishments could blend in and not be a nuisance ....

It would be a lot better and safer for the all the women as well .... They do need looking after and no one seems to be doing it ....

Would I avail of the service ....? I don't have to but I would never say never .... No one knows what's around the corner .... I would never go without, put it that way, deny myself a natural pleasure .... With a legalised service to take the tackiness out of it, I wouldn't have to would I .... No one would ....?

I would have no objection to the idea or to anyone providing or using a properly organised brothel   ;)  Telstar
The truth always prevails.....

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 04:01:17 PM »
 a report in the paper about Lady's of the night said that most do it because they are drug users

40 to 50 years ago princes road varner road was the hot spot for Lady's of the night plus some of the cafes in b.heath
 they did not do it for drugs they done it because it was easy money better than going to work and they would say why give it away when you can flog it so it will never go away so why not give them a place to work from they would be safe and then they would not have some pimp beatting them and taking the money off the girls ( tax man would do it)

would you have to pay v.a,t
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

rosalita

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 02:10:12 AM »
You guys are right. Legal brothels would be better for everyone. It would clean up the "street prosties" and would keep the girls safer then with their pimps.

PaulRamsey

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 02:24:20 PM »
Is it still working in Amsterdam?

Went there for a stag do a few years back and it seemed to work ok, with everything seperated into a different area.
Please come along and join thousands of other Birmingham singles at www.itsherefreedating.com

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 02:29:22 PM »
hi Paul welcome to the gang on the b/forum

the best one to ask is our johnj2 hes in that part of the world he will see your post and I'm sure he will ad his ten pen-th
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy