Author Topic: Stechford  (Read 4785 times)

Mogmeister

Re: Stechford
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2011, 10:59:49 AM »
Hi Planetmalc and Blane

Well folks you have just educated me , i was born in one of those Victorian houses ( No 278 ) i lived there from 1948 til 1959 and went to Albert Road Infant and Junior school , when we left we moved to Erdington.I had no idea this lady lived there .

Mogmeister .

blane

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 12:07:40 PM »
Hi Mogmeister  -  I met Joan once,we were getting off the No.11 bus and she was laden down with shopping,she was carrying a bag of onions under one arm and several shopping bags in the other.I carried the large orange coloured bag of onions down to her house.She was a very tall strong girl,the weight of that bag nearly nearly corpsed me.Her mother still lives there and I see now and again going to the local shops.

planetmalc

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2011, 01:08:22 AM »
Blane, you've actually carried Joan's shopping???      Respect!!!
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

Bishopsmate

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 12:04:28 AM »
I remember Manor Road Recreation Ground - my dad was the Parkie in the 50s.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2012, 11:46:37 AM »
Hi Bishopsmate,

Welcome to the forum, I've tidied your dad's photo up a little for you in case you don't have the facility to do it yourself.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

timborunner

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2016, 02:47:12 PM »
I lived in Red House Rd when the estate was built as a young child (62-67). I can remember before the estate was built, Red House Rd was an unmade road with a large derilect house at the end. I can remember running around the 'park' at the end of the road and been grassy. When the building took place I could see the cranes building the tower blocks and loved it. I thought that area was originally "Red House Farm" ? - does anybody know what the large derilect house could have been?

Corby

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2020, 10:30:26 PM »
Hi Planetmalc and Blane

Well folks you have just educated me , i was born in one of those Victorian houses ( No 278 ) i lived there from 1948 til 1959 and went to Albert Road Infant and Junior school , when we left we moved to Erdington.I had no idea this lady lived there .

Mogmeister .

I went to the same school with Joan A's brother Anthony who was in Angels or something and also did kids programmes on TV. He's  now in California.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2020, 12:34:17 PM »
and the photo with a tad of colour

each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

RoyMcC

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2020, 05:01:24 PM »
Manor Park Rec. Played in goal there for my primary school, must have been 1964. Played a blinder but we lost 1-0 to a late goal in extra time. Only time I've cried over footy. (Apart after watching Blues obvs.)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy