Author Topic: Born in Solihull  (Read 7975 times)

Joan(Cleaver).

Born in Solihull
« on: January 29, 2006, 08:28:04 AM »
This is called the Birmingham forum,does this site cover the whole of the West Midlands.? ;)

john2000

Re: Born in Solihull
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 01:11:43 PM »
Hi"Joan, I think the forum covers most of the west midlands, but mainly brum its self, so if you where born in Brum, then youre a Brummy  ;D
....................john 2000
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

john2000

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 05:02:54 PM »
Hi again, I would think if you lived in Solihull youre still in the B/ham area, ( just )  : ;) , .........................john 2000

Joan(Cleaver).

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 06:51:52 PM »
Hello John,
I was born in a little village called Walsall End near Solihull in 1930 (nowhere near the Walsall north of Birmingham).
We moved from there when I was very young.
As anyone will see I am of *tender years haha*but I have some great memories of my first school in Elmdon Park(which was at the end of a row of cottages just up from Elmdon Church,sadly no longer there).
If there is anyone who is interested in my memories of this area I would be pleased to share them.
Joan. :)

john2000

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 08:06:22 PM »
Hi Joan, sure there are people who lived in your area, its just that theres more of us from the area of Balsall Heath, I remember there was a Eldom wood, and the airport, and a great disco but that was years ago, but as time goes on, Birmingham gets bigger and so does Coventry, the way they are going soon your front door will be in Brum, but the garage door will be in Coventry,.
Why dont you tell us about your area, and the changes that have gone on there. it's will ring a bell for some one reading the forum.........John 2000

Glen142

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 02:06:46 PM »
Joan try a site called Solihull on Line, it has all details of Solihull Past and Present. ;)

baxter

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 08:09:49 PM »
To Joan and John, Hello, its Eileen ,calling John Solihull was the posh area of Brum, but I think its spread out more now.

tassie devil

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 12:44:14 PM »
hi joan i lived in solihul lodge shirley when i got married had friends in earlswood common and relatives in heaton rd before they moved to hampshire my mom lives in billesley she is 88 but never goes a week without going to solihul shopping and a cuppa at duckers or cafe in walkway to car park opp mall when we visit brum allways go shopping at solihull there as been some changes in the last few years also love going to tanworth on way to straford spent many a time at earlswood lakes good courting spot i moved to maypole when i was 13 when they started to demolish balsall heath we reckon it was great we lived in druids lane and bells lane in prefabs built by prisoners of war it was country farms all around we use to have go through a pig farm to get to kings norton or up hill along a lane and all the weird noises to alcester rd it was 15 minute walk and at 4.00-5,00 in the morning in winter was not the best as there was no bus service had to go to maypole to catch bus but had some fab times ::)

beccy

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2006, 11:31:09 PM »
Joan, if you're reading this, wondering if you would know anything about what we presume is an old air raid shelter in the trees by the A45 near Goodway Road / Tiger Island cottage?  We've seen this many times whilst out walking and are curious as to it's history.  We live in Elmdon .

bossd

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2006, 05:24:54 PM »
Hi Joan.

Its a long shot I know but do you have a son / nephew etc. by the name of Phil Cleaver, used to live and still may live in Dorridge. He used to / may still work at the Land Rover site. He's an old friend I lost contact with a while ago. He'd be around 25 - 30 yrs old now.
The world is yours

Joan Cutler

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006, 08:33:33 PM »
Hi there,
Yes Phillip is my Nephew.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy