Author Topic: aston  (Read 10033 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
aston
« on: February 02, 2011, 10:31:47 AM »
Aston cross the hp factory   was Aston the heart of brum or was b/heath what do you think, do you remember the i.t.v studios  is the clock still there at the cross

each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

gibson

Re: aston
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 10:50:02 AM »
Hi Roy Ben, in my opinion Aston was the heart of Brum, We had Ansells Brewery, HP sauce,The Golden Cross Pub, now an Irish themed pub, but the golden cross can still be seen on the top of the building, The Aston Cross Picture House, and the Astoria Picture House, which became the ITV studio's, then later BRMB Radio Station, and yes the clock is still there, although not in its original place.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 11:02:44 AM »
hi Gibson
             iv not been down that way for a time now Aston hall by candle light was my last trip

but im from the other side of town and i would say that b/heath  highgate was the heart  O0 ;D so its just a point of view

but i must say that i did not know Aston to well  but i would never have got lost  the onion fair the villa the cross Aston hall the litchfeild road the last chance cafe  so if any one is from Aston tell us what you remember
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Aston
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 04:42:58 PM »
I have reopened this thread on behalf of Garvin because he was born in the Aston area but now lives in Canada.

So if you have any memories of the Aston area especially around Trinity Rd, I'm sure he would like to hear them. I'll start the ball rolling with this photo of Richards Pork butchers. From what he says it is a good chance of being the one of his father and employees outside the shop in 1945.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

planetmalc

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 05:32:49 PM »
Someone on another forum has been asking about the location of a horse trough which he believes was somewhere on Lichfield Road, Aston.       Does anyone know where it was situated, please?
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

garvin

Re: Aston
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 08:09:11 PM »
I have reopened this thread on behalf of Garvin because he was born in the Aston area but now lives in Canada.

So if you have any memories of the Aston area especially around Trinity Rd, I'm sure he would like to hear them. I'll start the ball rolling with this photo of Richards Pork butchers. From what he says it is a good chance of being the one of his father and employees outside the shop in 1945.
thanks so much i have this picture my mother and father,my dad is seated with a black coat on and my mother is next to him on the left, there are a lot more emplyees than in this picture, its so cool that you have it i have one also that is the same store when t j bufton owned it thsi was one of several businesses my dad owned as farr and smith then he changed to Farr and son's

Phil

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 08:39:35 PM »
Malc

Was there a horse trough outside The King Edward on the Lichfield Rd?

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 08:42:52 PM »
Garvin

A couple of photos of Trinity Rd for you.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

vauxonion

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 08:43:43 PM »
Someone on another forum has been asking about the location of a horse trough which he believes was somewhere on Lichfield Road, Aston.       Does anyone know where it was situated, please?

We had one in Aston St.Gosta Green can,t remember anymore unless there was one on Aston Cross or by Salford Park.Dek

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 09:03:27 PM »
Dek

Was there one at Gosta Green, I know there was a drinking fountain outside the library, but I don't recall a trough.

Phil

Phil died in 2020. RIP.

frederick

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 09:37:34 PM »
Garvin,
I used to have premises in Albert rd form Witton rd through to Mansfield rd i spent 5 years there, i believe there is a school there now.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy