Author Topic: Pattison-Hughes Catering Co. Ltd (PHCC)  (Read 2303 times)

bazleypeter

Pattison-Hughes Catering Co. Ltd (PHCC)
« on: February 10, 2011, 11:40:47 AM »
I am rearching the history of the above company, which was formed in 1920.

I would like to hear from anyone who worked, or knew someone who worked, for the company in the period 1930 to 1969.

The first General Manager was my grandfather Edward Bazley - the company was then run by my father Ken Bazley with my uncle John Bazley. My cousins John jnr and Michael were later with PHCC. I worked there from 1963 to 1970.

I particularly want deaits of their catering at industrial canteens which started at the outbreak of war in 1939.

Any help would be appreciated

Peter Bazley

steveandmargaretdavies

Re: Pattison-Hughes Catering Co. Ltd (PHCC)
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 12:12:21 AM »
They did the catering for Warwickshire County Cricket Ground if I remember right. That would have been in the early 1970's.

Dudley

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 12:43:07 PM »
Hi Pete, I worked with you at Old Trafford Cricket Club in the late 60's

Best Regards
Dudley Westgate

Dudley

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 07:13:49 PM »
Hi, Peter, hope you are keeping well.
You may re-call that I worked with you at Old Trafford in the late 60's as your Assistant Catering Manager and later as Catering Manager after you took up a post at Egbaston with PHCC.
Would be good to catch up.

Regards,
Dudley

Robinsonpat

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 09:04:34 PM »
Hi Peter.  I joined Pattison-Hughes in approx 1973 and worked as Personal Assistant to John Bazley and the Board. I remember that not long after I started work at PH we moved to new premises and I had a lovely big office of my own and John said I could choose the colour scheme.  I left after a few years to have my first child.  I met Johns few years later at the village hall near to his home and he did mention that he might be emigrating.  i would be interested to hear if he did this.  My name at the time was Pat Kelly.  Thank you

Erica

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2021, 03:50:42 AM »
My Dad was Catering Manager from about late 1940's to late 1960's for them, working out of Edgbaston County Cricket grounds, I can't remember the exact dates but I know he used to bring home a couple of petit fours after work (around 4am) and wake me to eat them  ;D I was very young at the time, 68 years ago! His name was Arthur Belton. What prompted me to search for Pattison Hughes information was that I just found his business card in an old wallet of his plus a number of photos taken with other staff at the ECC grounds. Dad died in 1998. Someone mentioned them catering for the Botanical Gardens, my sister had her wedding breakfast there in 1966, which dad organised.

Our Doug

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2022, 11:19:20 AM »
Hello Peter, I worked for the company at lords cricket ground as a’ junior assistant manager’ around 1966/67 . I think my boss was a mr singletons ( but I may be mistaken) e ran catering for the players, private luncheon boxes, members pavilion etc.
At the end of the season I was offered a position at edgebaston  but wished to remain in London.
Married the Secretary to my boss.
Happy to hear from you if you have questions
Doug Thompson

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy