Author Topic: hope street school.  (Read 4514 times)

brummie72

hope street school.
« on: February 21, 2011, 11:11:36 PM »
please does anyone have any pictures of hope street school.especially around the time of 1939..as my uncle attended there before he was evacuated to a place called groby..
id be very grateful for any help or hints of where to look.x

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: hope street school.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 10:37:48 AM »
Hi Brummie72

I'm sure that I posted these two photos of Hope St recently to the forum, but perhaps I didn't. They both show Hope St School not pre 1939 but I think it changed very little before the area was developed so it would be pretty much as your uncle would remember it.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

brummie72

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 03:19:53 PM »
thanx a lot for the pics.im sure he will luv them..
im trying to put together as much as i can then when i next visit him i can give him everything i have,as i know he will luv it..
im still trying to find out as much as i can about when he was evacuated to a place called groby in leicestershire in 1939..
once again thank u.x

LIZ Taylor

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 01:30:39 PM »
My great grandad lived in this street early 1900s and my dad went to this school.  Groby is a village near e in Leicestershire

turnerbrenda_1

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 10:06:22 AM »
Are these pics still under copyright? According to the terms and conds., no pics under copyright, or those not owned by the poster, cannot be posted. Appropriate.

But I wish to confirm this. It would be kind of you to identify the sources of these pictures if you can do so. Many thanks if you reply.

Brenda

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 10:35:42 AM »
Hi Brenda,

Welcome to you, I have no idea of the copyright on these photos except that they are already everywhere on the web and the ones posted by myself are from sites that do not claim copyright,  also where acknowledgement is required for the use of the photos is asked for it is given. You can even buy CD's these days that have hundreds of these photos. So really in most cases (talking for myself) it is nearly impossible to say from whence most of them come.

I will just say as I have said many times  before if myself or anyone else has inadvertently contravened any copyright etiquette in any way and ownership can be proved then the photograph will be removed from the site.   
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 01:29:05 PM »
Brenda

I got your message and I understood you were just asking about copyright due to the fact that you probably wanted to use one of them for something. Whenever I'm asked the same question about posted images and it is quite frequently I feel I have to explain their usage on this site in it's entirety just so there are no mistakes.

If you do in fact want to use one of the photos that have been posted to this site, then I suppose as long as it is not a commercial use and you mote or less use the same guidelines as we and every other similar site uses. Then I would think you would be problem free, but don't quote me on that. 
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

turnerbrenda_1

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 04:49:44 PM »
Duh. Now I noticed the reply button.

Thanks for your further info. I was asking on behalf of a friend who is writing and preparing for publication (500 to 1,000 copies) a book which involves the history of Birmingham. I collaborated with her on its editing. My chum is only likely to cover her publishing costs, so it's about as close to a non-commercial issue as you can get. But as proper, she asked my help in figuring out if a copyright owner could be ascertained, when she located those pics on your site.

My feeling is that a typical disclaimer should be included in "notes on the illustrations" to read something like "every effort has been made to try to identify the owner of copyright. If a copyright has been violated, or is incorrect, the author should be contacted so that further correction may be added to an subsequent edition published." I think that should cover it legally, and have so suggested to her. Thank you again. Brenda

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy