Author Topic: Double Zero Club and Rockers of the 60's  (Read 33192 times)

thegypsypoet

Re: Double Zero Club and Rockers of the 60's
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 10:39:50 PM »
He was head guy in the youth service in brum n the playground was in malvern rd off clifton road,ran by balsall heath community association based at mount pleasant centre.

Jacqueline

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 03:31:11 PM »
John, I agree that Dave was an ok guy. Just a shame the book looked over edited.

Steve

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 07:33:17 PM »
.......and over dramatised in places, more the biographers fault than Dave's.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

astoness

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2011, 08:30:14 AM »
i went to the DZ a few times when the rev collier was there...seemed a very nice person....

happy days...

lyn

john2000

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2011, 09:28:10 AM »
i went to the DZ a few times when the rev collier was there...seemed a very nice person....

happy days...

lyn

He was a nice person, if he was'nt no one would have come to the club..J2
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Steve

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 04:58:14 PM »
Cleared my loft for the insulation to be done. Found a box containing all my old biker badges from rallies & stuff, surprised to find my old original oval Double Zero badge. It's now 44 years old.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

BrummieGray

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2013, 07:11:21 PM »
Hi I know that this post is an old one, but I've just put some photos on Friends Reunited that were taken one Sunday Morning at the Bull Ring.  Mick (Pop) Ansell, Mint, Colin (Man in a briefcase) McGill, Will Hulley, Steve Pilnick, Jeff Teitjen, Graham Cooke. And many more.

The original Double Zeros were a bunch of teenagers that used to frequent Sutton Coldfield Parade, But they weren't welcome and just by chance a couple of them knew David Collier, he was doing the Epilogue on ABC TV from Aston and he had been made Chaplain for Youth. When he asked what they were going to do one of them replied what with we've got ziltch zero in fact double that. Double Zero.
He was able to get St Basils Church in Heath Mill Lane, where we spent days and nights clearing it out and painting. We had some tables and chairs from Varna Road, That was fun six of us on a truck with Geof Willy playing the piano!!
Good times were had at the Forge pub they never took so much money, the landlord was offered a better pub, The Wellhead by the ICI

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2013, 07:29:50 PM »
hi BrummieGray  welcome to the forum
you can post your photos on this forum under this topic if you like and let us all see them with info about the photos   roy
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

BrummieGray

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2013, 07:38:05 PM »
Hi Roy I tried but the file was too large and they were taken from a double page in the Sunday Mercury July 1966 so the picture quality is poor. I'll see what can be done with them.

Dave Collier can be seen bottom left wearing glasses. Little Colin McGill above with Mick (Pop) Ansell and Mint sitting on Bikes

In the Bull Ring. Steve Pilnick with broken leg. Collin McGill behind, Graham Cooke on the right next to Will Hulley and Jimmy Oh and Steve was sitting on Rockets Vincent 1000cc combo that he piped me to for the princely sum of Fourty Pounds!!!

Collin McGill on top of Rockets Vincent 1000cc with Will Hulley in Chair.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2013, 07:47:38 PM »
hi b/g try this it will do all you need roy

•                             Uploading photos                            « on: August 25, 2010, 01:51:26 PM »
  • Remove
  • Go to www.tinypic.com. This is probably the easiest way of uploading photos to the forum. No registration is required and you don't have to mess with an image editor to reduce the size of your pictures.

1. Click Browse and find the picture on your PC.

2. Select size as 'Message Board (640x480)'

3. Click 'Upload Now' to begin uploading.

4. Once the file is uploaded click in the box that says 'IMG Code for Forums' to select the code.

each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Miskin

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2013, 09:59:23 AM »
    Very fond memories of the ZZ Club, spent many an evening there just chilling out and listening to the Jukebox. I could never afford a Bike of my own so I used to go with my mate Robert Wiggins on the back of his Ariel Arrow looking a bit daft in a half egg helmet. anyone remember the ZZ A35 Van?
    Miskin.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy