Author Topic: ban smoking youll pay more tax for it  (Read 1450 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
ban smoking youll pay more tax for it
« on: March 14, 2007, 07:53:05 PM »
soon smoking will be band and a lot of folk will give up and if they do its going to cost you more the tax man will find away of getting it off you to make up the short fall ;D
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

kadoodey

Re: ban smoking youll pay more tax for it
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 01:54:20 PM »
hi roy
how true!why can't they just leave people alone instead odfdictating what and what they cannot do,uk is becoming a real nanny state now.i no longer live there but watch uk tv,and it makes me laugh when they say how much they have done towards climate change, it is such a small island,just a drop in the ocean compared to the size of other countries.seems they want people to give up thier cars, tv,no holidays abroad,it will come you see.next people will be going back to a horse and cart!!all so they can look good to the rest of the world!

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 12:34:26 PM »
yes its true what you say we can not do this nore that nore say this and that so we give up fags coz they say it costs the nhs millons a year but smokers pay there stamp to the nhs  and they also pay tax on the fags they smoke and now if we do stop smoking the tax man is going to find away of making all folk pay and pay you will big time on a £5 pack of fags £ 4/30 is taxethe makers of the fags pay tax the workers who make the fags pay tax the shop that sells fags pays taxe it all mounts up

kadoodey

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 05:06:26 PM »
they will put high taxes on air flights,it wont make any differents to people flying,but it will yet another stelph tax.if fags go out,a tax will come in somewhere,they will have to recoup that lost revenue.now they are to empty your bins every two weeks!!!!ours are emptied every night here,and our council tax is only 80 euro's per year,around £50,so what are you getting for your money in the uk?

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 06:40:54 PM »
what do we get for our money we get to pay the fat cats big time to find ways of making us pay more for less i now have to sort my bins out paper in one tin in another box soon i will have to take it to the wast yard my self i do not get a wast bin i get one bag per week and if its not a black bag the bin men will not take it any thing not in a bag is left for me to take to the wast yard i pay for schools the police fire i pay just over a£1000 per year for this  its a joke

Batman

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 08:33:19 PM »
Roy, maybe I shouldn't say this on the net where every one can read it, it may give some people ideas, but here goes,there a large town near where I live and now they had a new system, there is a container out side every multistory flats and there is a small door in which you put in your trash, the container is emptied when its full, now here is the sting... the door way will only take a small size plastic bag, each time the door is opened with a special key which has the code number of your house, which I'm told is about 3 cents a go, so the more you put in the more you pay. glass,plastic bottles, wine bottles have to be put into a glass container which are mostly near the supermarkets, all the papers we get through the door also has to be put together on the street Tobe picked up every two weeks, ( some one is making a lot of money with all this paper,) kitchen waste is put into green bins, collected by the council ground up into compost then sold back to us for our gardens... its true, where theres muck, theres money... John 2000 ;D
Sex is like air....it's not important unless you are'nt getting any...

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 09:10:23 PM »
john that would not work hear if you had to pay  to get rid of stuff they would just dump it its a bit like that nowit cost millons to clean it up some are just to lazy to take it to the tip and the tip is free for most things so if they had got to pay the streets would be full of the stuff

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 02:07:22 PM »
this tax thing i was on about fags just gone up 11p per pack more will stop smoking and the more you'll pay

Batman

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 02:25:00 PM »
Roy, Its called catch 22, if they don't get it one way, then they will get it in another, same for the 4x4 cars, higher tax, ( I think the French have the best idea) they don't have any car tax, it is on the fuel, be it a silly little car or a monster truck, the more you use the more you pay, thats simple, and that way its all fair, ....John 2000 ;D
Sex is like air....it's not important unless you are'nt getting any...

Bannion

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 04:03:09 PM »
Batman/John,
Who said it must be fair.?  It is a case of how much can we screw out of Joe public.  I can raise the tax on fuel as well as the Excise Duty and it is more in my coffers to spend on knee jerk reaction jobs that look good to Joe public, but which are a waste of money.  If I put it down to my latest gimmick of saving the environment they will be succoured by it.
Never thought I would ever say that I would be one of the first on the barricades but the way things are going, I am highly tempted.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy