Author Topic: Moseley Grammar  (Read 22606 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Moseley Grammar
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2019, 12:53:56 PM »

Looking at your map and comparing it to a modern map the factory was not next to the school field. There was a considerable wooded area between the two.

Hi De Hi

As I said in my last post between the school sports field and the factory there were allotment gardens, but the area wasn't wooded then, There may have been a screen of trees around the school as there is now, but it certainly wasn't a wood. The map I posted was from the 60's as I as I assume this is approximately the time period under discussion.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Hi De Hi

« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2019, 09:28:01 AM »
When I was there (late 60s/early 70s) we had a school cottage in Wales.  The school 'minibus' was an old ambulance painted red, black and white (school colours) with a load of old Midland Red bus seats bolted down in the back.  No seat belts, no windows.  If you had a good form teacher he would take us out in the Bus after school on Friday and we would spend the weekend at the cottage. It was pretty basic but fun. Our form tutor was Mr Glauert who also taught us French with differing amounts of success!

frederick

« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2019, 09:40:34 AM »
If I remember right there were a few trees but not a lot between the Serck and the school field or what it was behind there.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Scipio

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2019, 08:39:42 PM »
When I was there (late 60s/early 70s) we had a school cottage in Wales.  The school 'minibus' was an old ambulance painted red, black and white (school colours) with a load of old Midland Red bus seats bolted down in the back.  No seat belts, no windows.  If you had a good form teacher he would take us out in the Bus after school on Friday and we would spend the weekend at the cottage. It was pretty basic but fun. Our form tutor was Mr Glauert who also taught us French with differing amounts of success!

Hi De Hi was that Igwen cottage in Wales ?
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Hi De Hi

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2019, 06:01:38 PM »

Hi De Hi was that Igwen cottage in Wales ?

No, Ogwen was owned by Birmingham Outdoor Education service (Now sold off into private hands together with all their other centres).  As far as I remember ours didn't have a name. I can't even recall where in Wales it was.  Somewhere in the middle.

edit: Found this
https://moseleians.co.uk/school-cottage/

Scipio

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2019, 09:03:21 PM »

No, Ogwen was owned by Birmingham Outdoor Education service (Now sold off into private hands together with all their other centres).  As far as I remember ours didn't have a name. I can't even recall where in Wales it was.  Somewhere in the middle.

edit: Found this
https://moseleians.co.uk/school-cottage/

Thanks Hi De Hi
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy