Author Topic: Seeney/Scenie family Balsall Heath  (Read 9715 times)

robbiejd

Seeney/Scenie family Balsall Heath
« on: April 03, 2011, 05:20:04 PM »
Hi all, i am desperately trying to find a copy of a film that was made about this family.The film was called "The Seventeen" i believe , the family lived in Mary St  opposite Mary St school. Some of the names i remember are ,Ronnie, Reggie and Billy ,who i used to hang round with, the family was huge.
work is for people who don't know how to fish

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Seeney/Scenie family Balsall Heath
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 06:11:33 PM »
Hi Robbie,

Welcome to the forum,

I think the film based on the book about the Seeney family was called "Existence" The complete film is on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi2_qwp3LlY&feature=related I suppose you could download them all and make the complete film. Failing that you might get some idea where to get the film from. As usual the film has been altered and it's about a cockney family.

I dare say Reggie would sell you one, I knew Reggie and he would sell you anything that wasn't bolted down.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

wam

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 12:56:40 PM »
There were 3 or 4 titles for that film including "The Wild little bunch" as it was a Jack Wild vehicle trying to cash in on his fame from "Oliver" while people still remembered. The transfer to London might have had something to do with this or the hope that the americans would watch it - we all know the americans think the UK is just a suburb of the east end of london. I don't think it was from a book. I remember them trying to push the movie on Midlands Today and trying to gloss over the change of scene.
I was in the same class as Billy in primary school and Freddy was a year or two behind. I haven't seen or heard from either since.

robbiejd

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 01:35:29 PM »
Phil, Many thanks for link and i see you knew Reggie well ...lol, i think everyone round that area knew about them.

Wam , i have now found 3 titles for this film .. The 14 , which was the original title, Existence and of course The wild little bunch, what a pity it was made in London and not here.
work is for people who don't know how to fish

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 10:45:48 AM »
The last time I saw Reggie he was in the Talbot at the top of Larches St. He was selling horse meat and describing it as beef. He did quite a good trade I even bought some myself, needless to say he was never seen in that pub again and I think the local dogs ate well for a couple of weeks.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

BlueMax

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 09:09:31 PM »
Hi all,
I knew Reggie very well and also some of his family. Unfortunately Reggie passed away 06/11/02. He was aged 49.
Bungle, Zippy, George and Jeffrey.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 09:37:41 PM »
Hi Max

You sure thats how old he was when he died, I didn't think he was six years younger than me.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

BlueMax

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 09:52:55 PM »
That's what I'm being told by one of his family who's sat in the room with me. He died young.
Bungle, Zippy, George and Jeffrey.

jtafridi

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 02:43:23 PM »
I'm looking for any information at all about this family as I used to play with the boys when we lived on Balsall heath road in the 70's. So much water under the bridge since then that I have only a hazy memory of names although I was reminded of a freddy and billy. Was the eldest Reggie or Raymond and did they have a sister?

kenphil123

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 11:54:38 PM »
im always in touch with the family

kenphil123

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 11:57:20 PM »
i have the film and im always in contact with the family

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy