Author Topic: Runcorn Road  (Read 9166 times)

ironfighter

Re: Runcorn Road
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2014, 06:04:55 PM »
The third on the right.

frederick

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2014, 12:31:14 PM »
ironfighter,
I think a Clifton rd school friend of mine lived in that avenue, his name was Arthur Gold he also had brothers and sisters. A cousin of mine lived in that road his house rear entrance was from the first avenue on the right his house was on Runcorn rd on the right before you got to the avenue Maurice inchly and another school friend Ted Eaton do any of those names ring a bell.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

ironfighter

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2014, 01:23:35 PM »
I knew the Gold family well, everyone in the area did, they lived in Vine avenue next to the bomb site. The other two names don't mean anything - sorry.

frederick

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2014, 03:05:21 PM »
Arthur Golds mum would make me stay and have dinner with them    O0    when we left Clifton rd school I went to Dennis rd but I don't know which school Arthur went to and we lost touch with each other     :(

trapio

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2014, 06:10:42 PM »
Hi Fred,

Your post jogged my memory, and I can recall Arthur too - I never knew him as well as you did, but he seemed a happy and pleasant lad.
Integrity is non negotiable

Bluenose1940

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2015, 09:58:11 PM »
ironfighter,
I think a Clifton rd school friend of mine lived in that avenue, his name was Arthur Gold he also had brothers and sisters. A cousin of mine lived in that road his house rear entrance was from the first avenue on the right his house was on Runcorn rd on the right before you got to the avenue Maurice inchly and another school friend Ted Eaton do any of those names ring a bell.
I remember Arthur Gold and Maurice Inchley.   Ted Eaton went to Dennis Road school at the same time as me.  I lived at 167 Runcorn Road, there was a plaque above the front door with the word 'FENTON' on it, for some reason it always stayed bright and cleaner than any of the others in the road.  Never did know why.

frederick

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2015, 03:50:26 PM »
Bluenose1940,
Here is a photo of my cousins Maurice Inchly and Pat who are cousins. and a school photo of Ted Eton you mite be on the photo or you mite recognise someone, and one of Ted a few years ago. In the school photo Ted is second row down on the left.

Tombom

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2018, 08:45:22 PM »
The first shop in the row was Mrs bulls newsagents I used to play with her son david in the 60s I can't remember the two middle shops but the last one was Mr and mrs hackets grocery store it was a smashing shop full of fresh cream cakes,, I was born in Runcorn road in 1956, and went to clifton road school ,my family name is Thomas mom add and5 sons,it was a lovely place to live every one got on, whatever creed or colour,does any one remember the wimbushes cake shop on lady pool road with a huge curved window bay full of penny donoughts,wish I was still there

Tombom

« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2018, 08:49:24 PM »
Psi there was a greengrocers  ,, mr wheeler I think they had a daughter christine

RodH

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2019, 09:03:50 AM »
Just been reading this thread with interest. We moved to Ladypool Road c.1952. My father bought Howard's Hardware, No. 394/6 Ladypool Road. On the corner of Taunton Road next to Balsall Heath Park. We sold up and moved to Devon in 1960 when I was 10.

I remember Ladypool Road as a bustling shopping street, Woolworths and Peacocks down the other end from us and Shovelbottoms the motor bike dealers on the other corner of Taunton Road. Mr & Mrs. Rawson (?) had a grocers just opposite and there was Co 0p just up the road towards Church Road.

pat11

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2019, 09:49:42 PM »
I used to visit my friend in the 50's whose parents had a grocers in Runcorn Road.  It was nearer the Moseley Road entrance.  Down Runcorn Road and the shop was where it turns a corner.  The family's surname was Bryant.  I would think it was eventually demolished.
Kindness is the best feature

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy