Author Topic: Ice Skating is Back!  (Read 861 times)

Chris C

Ice Skating is Back!
« on: April 28, 2011, 06:39:45 PM »
I noticed a few threads on here relating to Silver Blades/Planet Ice so thought I'd post to let people know it re-opened back in January.

It's now known as The Leisurebox and incorporates the 24 Lane Bowling Alley (formerly Megabowl) and Ice Rink into one building. It's taken off in popularity already but obviously it'll take a while to spread the word -so feel free to tell your friends! The most popular offer is 'Skate n Bowl for 10' which covers unlimited skating, one game of bowling and both shoe and skate hire for one price. Obviously there's other opportunities like Learn to Skate, Play Ice Hockey, Speed Skate, Birthday Parties etc and we feel it's important to let people know that the second city finally has it's own ice sports facility again!

For more details search 'The Leisurebox' on Google or Facebook.

Thanks  O0

andyjonesx

Re: Ice Skating is Back!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 02:06:52 PM »
I went there in February with my girlfriend. The Skate and Bowl for 10 is an awesome offer (since either one can usually cost up to that). It was a nicely decorated/lit bowling alley too, and the skate rink was good, though I'm not sure if one of the staff told me I couldn't take photos. I wasn't sure what he said, though he did offer to take one for me.