Author Topic: Streets of the City  (Read 240705 times)

JudithM

Re: Streets of the City
« Reply #495 on: July 13, 2017, 01:51:37 PM »
I tried on one of those pointy police helmets the once.  If it wasn't for my nose it would have covered my entire face  ::)

And yes, I was a bit drunk at the time, but one of the policemen was a friend of my friend & they were talking football and I got bored.....
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #496 on: September 01, 2017, 04:27:57 PM »
Here one with several policemen (with round heads) and it's on a street on the edge of the city centre at Gosta Green.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #497 on: September 01, 2017, 04:41:06 PM »
This time the policeman has got a flat head, I think this is also in the Gosta Green area. As I would imagine the two lads are heading to Woodcock Street Baths. I wonder why the police considered a  helmet was not required if you were on horseback?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

frederick

« Reply #498 on: September 01, 2017, 05:58:12 PM »
Life seamed so simple in those day. It is chaotic now and our Police have to be padded and tooled up.    :(
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Potomac

« Reply #499 on: September 01, 2017, 06:16:46 PM »
A post, in this tread, in July this year, suggested that Solihull is now part of Birmingham.  Not sure about that as Solihull is a Metropolitan Borough.  It was a Urban District Council when I lived there as a youngster.
I think the reality might be that Solihull in common with Birmingham and many surrounding places are now classed as West Midlands.
I await confirmation or correction.  ;)
best wishes,  Alan

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #500 on: September 01, 2017, 06:32:28 PM »
A post, in this tread, in July this year, suggested that Solihull is now part of Birmingham.  Not sure about that as Solihull is a Metropolitan Borough.  It was a Urban District Council when I lived there as a youngster.
I think the reality might be that Solihull in common with Birmingham and many surrounding places are now classed as West Midlands.
I await confirmation or correction.  ;)

Hi Potomac

Which post was that, it wasn't one of mine was it? I live in Solihull and I know better, though I do think there is talk once again of joining up some of the outlying areas into a major conurbation like the once West Midland County Council,. It seems nothing has been learnt from previous mistakes.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

jamesm

« Reply #501 on: September 01, 2017, 06:38:08 PM »
This time the policeman has got a flat head, I think this is also in the Gosta Green area. As I would imagine the two lads are heading to Woodcock Street Baths. I wonder why the police considered a  helmet was not required if you were on horseback?
Phil, If you look closely at hat it also has braiding on the peak. I would suggest that this is at least an Inspector or even a Chief Inspector given that the braiding is quite visible (Yellow/Gold) more likely the latter.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #502 on: September 01, 2017, 06:46:40 PM »
Phil, If you look closely at hat it also has braiding on the peak. I would suggest that this is at least an Inspector or even a Chief Inspector given that the braiding is quite visible (Yellow/Gold) more likely the latter.

jamesm

That's ok then, of he is brass then he probably has got a thicker skull.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

jamesm

« Reply #503 on: September 01, 2017, 06:51:43 PM »
jamesm

That's ok then, of he is brass then he probably has got a thicker skull.
Thicker skin maybe!

Potomac

« Reply #504 on: September 01, 2017, 07:03:58 PM »
No, Phil, you were never in the frame.  It was a post on 9th. July where there is a pic of Dudley Street.   O0
best wishes,  Alan

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #505 on: September 01, 2017, 07:46:08 PM »
Potomac

As long as It wasn't me.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy